Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,299   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nordic Smart Alec rools, Darcy this one is for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nordic Smart Alec rools, Darcy this one is for you!

We went to a show, where there where Ice-Sculpturs and wasn't that the right setting for a Nordic Backpack?

Nordic Smart Alec on a throne made from ice:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nordic SA rools1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.5 KB
ID:	310717

and here next to an Iglu where we were allowed to go in. It was so COLD but very beatyfull:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nordic SA rools2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	595.1 KB
ID:	310718

Needless to say, that Alec performed flawlessly.

For moriond: It is quite a bit softer as you can imagne. I am sure you have two same bags in dyneema and balistic. To say especially for the Smart Alec: There is a part in the front where there is only one layer of material and I feel that I have to account for that while packing (crackable stuff does not go behind there). But my other Backpacks (the S19 and the S25) I have only in Dyneema because I do like this soft material so much. That means, in a tide spot, when I have to have my backpack on my lap or directly next to me the dyneema Backpacks feel more cosey more pillow-like. I will use my ballistic Smart Alec as a camera-bag (all the protection my camera can get) and the dyneema Smart Alec as a day pack. I hope this was, what you where asking for?

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

I love the photos Ilkyway!! Especially the one on the throne. That should be on the website. :)

Comment

Wow! Real life interfered with my Forum checks and so much has happened here. But this is the BEST! Many congrats, Ilkyway, on your Nordic SA.
      "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
      -- David Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by vivelly View Post
        That should be on the website. :)
        I think the webside has had its share of nordic but I thank you for the compliment. I love the Bird-thing watching over Smart Alec. Nobody will mess with this kind of guard.
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

It could pass for a dragon

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Comment

I still love this Smart Alec! Now it is way south [emoji3]

Ilkyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Greetings Ilkyway,
                I greatly admire how you frame your photos. Thank you so very much for sharing! elisa

Comment

Working...
                X