Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,299   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@haraya, where do you worry about chafing? I have narrow shoulders and I find the DLBP very comfortable as long as it is balanced and not overstuffed. I do feel the straps might migrate outward a tiny bit, but I don't feel like it is going to fall off or anything. For me, it is more comfortable than my S19. I cannot wear a tank with the bag as it will bother me, but pretty much all backpacks bother me with a tank top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Pokilani!! Right under the arms - inside of my bicep. I've only done a light test load in the house (I don't want to take the tags off yet if it's to be a gift for my mom :)). You are right about the tank top, that was my concern as well. On the S19 the sternum strap serves to pull the shoulder straps slightly away from my body altogether (i.e. the straps touch me at the top of my shoulder and at my rib cage, but hover slightly at the underarm junction).

I think part of the problem is I don't know exactly what situations I will use this DLBP for. But maybe that's a sign that I'm getting too narrowly focused in my search. Better to stick with the bag that fits me well and serves me in 95% of situations, vs. the bag that might be ideal 5% of the time but is uncomfortable. ;p

Thanks again!!

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
      @haraya, where do you worry about chafing? I have narrow shoulders and I find the DLBP very comfortable as long as it is balanced and not overstuffed. I do feel the straps might migrate outward a tiny bit, but I don't feel like it is going to fall off or anything. For me, it is more comfortable than my S19. I cannot wear a tank with the bag as it will bother me, but pretty much all backpacks bother me with a tank top.

Comment

Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos

I'm using my Daylight Backpack with S25 Freudian Slip (for greater organization) as my gym bag. Here are some pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1466626077.413159.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	300066

Name:	Image1466626107.482853.jpg
Size:	644.9 KB
ID:	300067

Name:	Image1466626118.385404.jpg
Size:	470.3 KB
ID:	300068

Name:	Image1466626138.905467.jpg
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	300069

Name:	Image1466626152.657200.jpg
Size:	581.0 KB
ID:	300070

Name:	Image1466626164.545254.jpg
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	300071

Name:	Image1466626178.062650.jpg
Size:	503.0 KB
ID:	300072

ETA1: I put an extra change of clothes in the 2nd shingled pocket (not shown), which is still easily accessible despite the S25 FS present.

ETA2: I also use the Iberian stuff sack (size 4) for used gym clothes - you'll see I placed the stuff sack in the top shingled pocket.

Last edited by imagineez; 06-22-2016, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Forgot one more picture...

Name:	Image1466626293.789544.jpg
Size:	538.3 KB
ID:	300073

Comment

Awesome photos - and combos. I ♥ Dyneema so much.

Comment

Originally posted by haraya View Post
              Can petite owners of a DLBP talk to me about the absence of a sternum strap? I just got a DLBP in original Halcyon and am iffy about the straps' positioning on my frame. They sort of migrate outward on me and I worry that they will chafe if I use it for for extended periods.
              I use this backpack so much more than others because the straps are so comfortable. They are wide enough and don't curl so the distributed weight is perfect. I'm 5'3" and haven't needed a sternum strap for this one.

Comment

Working...
              X