Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,826   Posts: 191,307   Members: 6,699   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, Ea0423.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Little Briefcase that Can Fit Almost Anywhere: early Daylight Briefcase review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
    It might be a little soon to ask about pros and cons of bag duplicates for the DLBC, but here goes. I just started using the dyneema one, and it's terrific. It holds my Cache with 13-inch rMBP, file folders, charger, phone, and I carry an MCB separately as a handbag.

I just feel bad returning the Cordura one as the colors are so rich in Cordura and the texture beautiful. Doesn't roll up as compact, though, and I really don't need two of the bags as I expect this will be in production for some time even if I need to replace the dyneema one down the road, unlikely as that is. I may fashion the cordura one into something else...but I am not an artist or photographer, and have plenty of TB bags already! So I am going to mull it over another week or two.
    What color is your Cordura one?

Comment

Originally posted by timothy View Post
      What color is your Cordura one?
      Olive - see previous page for photos.

Comment

knitting bag? mine is lovely for that use and dyneema is so light and squishy for yarn.

Comment

Mine just arrived.....black. Initial impression is good. I'll do a review in a few days.
          Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

FWIW...

FYI, I just started a thread in the "Questions about bags & accessories" sub-forum about the Daylight Briefcase, with questions about how items can be carried.
            Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

This is what happens when you can't decide on a color...
              Attached Files
              -m

Comment

@maverick.....since most of us have seen your collection, as colorful as any, why not pick a color you don't already have--if that's possible.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

But aren't there three people in your family, @maverick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Frank II View Post
                    @maverick.....since most of us have seen your collection, as colorful as any, why not pick a color you don't already have--if that's possible.
                    Actually, I don't have anything in Coyote or Grey yet. I do have a French Blue Daylight Backpack, which is what I carry most everyday. And it's such a lovely color, which only makes me want to get the Daylight Briefcase in French Blue...

I also don't have anything in Burnt Orange or Black Dyneema...
                    Last edited by maverick; 11-14-2014, 08:19 AM.
                    -m

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                      But aren't there three people in your family, @maverick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Excellent point! :)

Although, my son, who used to love taking pictures with holding Tom Bihn bags and wanted to be in Tom Bihn videos, now refuses to carry anything Tom Bihn. He isn't even a teenager yet, and already he's rebelling...oh where did I go wrong???

I think it's a phase. The seed of appreciation for Tom Bihn bags that we have sown will eventually bear fruit is what I keep telling myself...
                      -m

Comment

Okay, I can't keep looking at the Daylight Briefcase page - I need to get some work done! Order placed! Now, I need to be patient until it arrives...

Also placed an order for the Synapse 19 Freudian Slip, to be used in the Daylight Backpack!
                        -m

Comment

@maverick.....you know there are 10,000 females on this site who are dying to know what color you ordered...and half will be mad that you didn't order it aubergine--even though it's not offered in that color. (Not that it matters.)

(Ooh, I think I'm gonna get a lot of hate replies.....)

Comment

i will guess he ordered french blue. am i right, maverick?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank II View Post
                              @maverick.....you know there are 10,000 females on this site who are dying to know what color you ordered...and half will be mad that you didn't order it aubergine--even though it's not offered in that color. (Not that it matters.)

(Ooh, I think I'm gonna get a lot of hate replies.....)
                              You're a brave man to say that, Frank! :)

I ordered Coyote, Grey and French Blue. Part of me is scared that I may end up keeping all three...

I really, really, really would love to have the Daylight Briefcase (and Daylight Backpack) in Parapack!

I have a Black Parapack Brain Bag, and I love the fabric!

Darcy, would that be a possible?

Thanks!
                              -m

Comment

Originally posted by luvdabags View Post
                                i will guess he ordered french blue. am i right, maverick?
                                You are absolutely right, luvdabags!

I also ordered Coyote and Grey! :)
                                -m

Comment

Working...
                                X