Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,825   Posts: 191,304   Members: 6,699   Active Members: 269
Welcome to our newest member, Ea0423.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Little Briefcase that Can Fit Almost Anywhere: early Daylight Briefcase review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see now. It was a picture of the field journal that I was looking at in plum that has a different label configuration. Many thanks!

Comment

@Moriond, while I might wear my aubergine aeronaut and DLBC together, I don't worry too much about them clashing, it'll happen rarely enough. More a case of wardrobe and personal aesthetics. I was imagining something slightly more pink, but it seems to be more what I'd call electric purple. Either way, I'll see when it gets here. It seems like someone quickly whipped up a fresh travel laundry bag for my order. Got to love TB :)

Comment

It must have been a long day...I just glanced at @moriond's last picture and could have sworn that the buildings under the plane in the logo patch were actually the words, "Ooh La La".
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Janine View Post
          It must have been a long day...I just glanced at @moriond's last picture and could have sworn that the buildings under the plane in the logo patch were actually the words, "Ooh La La".
          @Janine, We'll always have Paris…

Comment

I'm pretty sure I want one of those... I use the Pilot for my "going to work" bag now, but sometimes it feels a little big. Sometimes. I could see the daylight being the briefcase I bring when traveling for business! Man. Want. Christmas is coming.
            Pilot: Black Ballistic Nylon / Iberian
            Aeronaut: Steel/Ultraviolet
            Stuff: Snake Charmer / Packing Cube Backpack

Comment

It's HEEEEERE!!! My French Blue DLBC and it's gorgeous. The color is stunning and the bag is perfection. I love it I love it. It's too dark for pictures tonight, but soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                It's HEEEEERE!!! ...
                The Sibs greet the newcomer...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7237.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	293649

Comment

Wow, French Blue looks gorgeous. I hope I like Navy. I won't get mine until the SEs are ready...

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                    Wow, French Blue looks gorgeous. I hope I like Navy. I won't get mine until the SEs are ready...
                    I debated Navy actually. So many great colors. The other thing I like about this bag is how tidy it looks. I was prepared for a little bit floppy like a cafe bag. It's not.

Comment

@Pokilani, If it's any consolation to you, here's the comment re:Navy from @NWHikergal, who went in person to the Tom Bihn Store to pick up a Daylight Backpack when that bag debuted, and saw all the available colors:

Originally posted by NWhikergal View Post
                      @dorayme, despite my recent infatuation with French blue, I was extremely tempted by the navy when I saw it in person. It is extremely sharp looking, and I would imagine it would be incredibly versatile in different settings since it is a less bright color than the French blue. The plum was really nice looking too, if one is drawn to the aubergine/plum category. And both navy and plum or aubergine look great together, so if you have another bag of one of those colors that would complement or contrast, that might be a nice combination. :)
                      As I stated earlier in the thread, I liked the idea of having a contrasting color in the DLBCase to my (French Blue) Daylight Backpack, and because I have an Indigo Synapse (and Tri-Star), and can envision using the DLBCase with that Synapse, (and also because I really like Plum), I opted for Plum. I also personally think Linen is great neutral color that will work with many combinations, and have been intrigued by the reports of others on the forum about how well this color holds up with use (and also seems to be more pet hair resistant than many other Cordura colors, according to some accounts.)

HTH moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        @Pokilani, If it's any consolation to you, here's the comment re:Navy from @NWHikergal, who went in person to the Tom Bihn Store to pick up a Daylight Backpack when that bag debuted, and saw all the available colors:

As I stated earlier in the thread, I liked the idea of having a contrasting color in the DLBCase to my (French Blue) Daylight Backpack, and because I have an Indigo Synapse (and Tri-Star), and can envision using the DLBCase with that Synapse, (and also because I really like Plum), I opted for Plum. I also personally think Linen is great neutral color that will work with many combinations, and have been intrigued by the reports of others on the forum about how well this color holds up with use (and also seems to be more pet hair resistant than many other Cordura colors, according to some accounts.)

HTH moriond
                        Thanks, moriond! That's the thing about TB bags...after continued exposure, colors grow on you. I would never have expected to like linen, but now I look at it and think about how crisp and clean it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I won't get mine until the SEs are ready...
                          Shouldn't be long now - my order containing the DLBC and a steel/UV SE just shipped. Looks like a bunch of SE colourways just came off backorder...
                          Collections:
                          Work EDC: SE + S19
                          Leisure: SCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
                          Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, with SE/SCB
                          General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
                          Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
                          Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Comment

Originally posted by scribe View Post
                            Shouldn't be long now - my order containing the DLBC and a steel/UV SE just shipped. Looks like a bunch of SE colourways just came off backorder...
                            Dyneema ones are still on back order. It will be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
                              @Yapster

The main compartment of the DLBC is 3" wide if you measure the fabric on the bottom. So, with a bit of stretch/bulge, you can probably fit something that is 3.5" wide comfortably. The question is how wide is your camera equipment with insert padding (as there is no padding in the DLBC). If around 3-3.5", the DLBC should be good as long as you do not exceed the other dimensions ~13" long or ~9.5" high. Note that the front compartment stretches to hold more if needed (but bulges - same as any other bag). This is why the total width can be up to 6.5".
                              Perhaps let us know more about the camera pieces / inserts you will be carrying and we can better see if things will work.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
                              I would be carrying either a sony rx1 or an old digilux 2. I thought of getting the small ape case from amazon.

Comment

Just got mine - ordered cordura and dyneema for comparison. The dyneema as you would expect is super light and flexible, like a revved up packing cube shoulder bag with sturdy lining. The cordura version also is terrific - reminds me of a horizontal and zipped cafe bag. It could serve as a purse if you don't mind the handle loops on top, which I think give it a more tech type of look. The proliferation of zippers is great! This really could work very well as a computer bag along with a handbag, leave the briefcase in the boot of the car or in the office if you need to go to lunch.

If you like cafe bags I think you will like this!

Comment

Working...
                                X