Side-by-side comparison of Verde and Olive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side-by-side comparison of Verde and Olive

I apologize in advance for the quality of these photos. It’s not my iPhone 6’s fault; the camera on this phone is amazing. But because I’m in a non-weight-bearing leg cast for four weeks, I can’t safely stand up long enough to get a decent angle for a photo.

But a few weeks ago I promised that I would take some side-by-side photos of Olive and Verde when my Verde/UV Side Effect arrived. Which it did a few days ago—such a nice gift during my recovery.

After taking a lot of shots, I’ve decided that Verde is yet another tricky TB color to capture accurately on camera. There is a definite but subtle difference between the two. @GoStanford poetically compared Verde to the color of mint sauce that has slightly oxidized overnight, and I think that is probably the best description ever.

To me, Olive is a slightly faded shade of green with a significant amount of yellow in it. Verde, by contrast, is a brighter, richer, more vibrant green that without being blue at all, is more to the blue end of the blue/yellow color spectrum. However, Verde is nothing like Forest or Conifer, not at all.

Like all TB colors, both Olive and Verde seem to change personalities depending on the ambient light. The photos I took outside in the bright autumn sunshine make the Olive OP and the Verde SE look almost the same shade of green. [The keystrap draped across the Verde SE is Olive. And note how well both greens pair with the burnt orange of the pumpkin and the plum of my oh-so-becoming purple sweatpants.]

1. Outside with enormous pumpkin [top Verde SE with Olive keystrap; bottom Olive OP]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pumpkin2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	311100

2. Outside on purple pants [top Olive OP; bottom Verde SE]

Name:	CloseUp2.jpg
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	311101

It wasn’t until I brought the two bags indoors and took photos by the light of my 75W incandescent bedside lamp that the subtle difference in the two colors showed up.

3. Best photo of color difference, shot indoors. As I said, the difference in hue is really subtle, but it's there.

Name:	BestOlive2.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	311102

Again, I’m sorry that these aren’t better photos, but I hope they help folks make up their minds about Verde bags. I was never a big Olive fan, but I do like Verde a lot. It will mix and match well with my Aubergine, Plum, and Burnt Orange bags.

~Nancy

Thanks for these. Is there some way to know which items are available in a certain color rather than doing many individual searches? I'd love to know the range of all the current items available in Verde. Sorry if this has already been handled in another thread... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Holly View Post
      Thanks for these. Is there some way to know which items are available in a certain color rather than doing many individual searches? I'd love to know the range of all the current items available in Verde. Sorry if this has already been handled in another thread... Thanks!
      I don't think there is a way, @Holly, although I would love that capability as well.

Comment

Hi guys,
        I got a Verde SE a couple of days ago, and I compared it with my olive parapack SE. It's the same color, the shine is just different.
        It's a very nice color and I like very much!
        Poker Face
        Big fan of Nordic dyneema (aeronaut, PCSB, PCBP, TT, LSB, SSB, SE, SCB, MCB, co-pilot, synapse 19). OK, so where am I going to put all that stuff...

Comment

Great pics of Verde vs Olive, @ncb4! Thanks much. I was not crazy about Olive but loved Forest. Any chance of photos showing Verde with Forest?
          "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
          -- David Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by taminca View Post
            Great pics of Verde vs Olive, @ncb4! Thanks much. I was not crazy about Olive but loved Forest. Any chance of photos showing Verde with Forest?
            Thanks, taminca! But unfortunately, I don't own anything in Forest, but perhaps someone else can take photos for you.

Comment

Originally posted by taminca View Post
              At night, artificial light, with an iPhone (sorry) but you can see how different they are:

Name:	IMG_7380.jpg
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	293839

Both gorgeous imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Orangeboys View Post
                At night, artificial light, with an iPhone (sorry) but you can see how different they are:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9325[/ATTACH]

Both gorgeous imho.
                Oh wow! Thanks so much, @Orangeboys.
                "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
                -- David Whyte

Comment

Thank you for all of these great photos! I was not crazy about Olive either, but really like Verde. My friend received her Verde PU today and it is gorgeous.

Contemplating the Aeronaut 30 in Verde. Someone stop me now!
                  Wanderlust + Baglust = Tom Bihn Fangirl

Comment

Originally posted by resselfr View Post
                    Thank you for all of these great photos! I was not crazy about Olive either, but really like Verde. My friend received her Verde PU today and it is gorgeous.

Contemplating the Aeronaut 30 in Verde. Someone stop me now!
                    You know that there's no one here who's going to stop you, don't you?

Comment

@ncb4, maybe I miss read - what was your Olive OP material? Cordura or Parapack? I am looking forward for a non-clear Parapack OP.

@resselfr, great to hear that. I'm also think the PU in Verde/UV is fabulous. I'm planning to get that color, though only next year.
                      Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                      Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                      Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                      Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                        @ncb4, maybe I miss read - what was your Olive OP material? Cordura or Parapack? I am looking forward for a non-clear Parapack OP.
                        Hi, @weirdguy. My OP was Olive Cordura; definitely not Parapack. Hope this helps!

Comment

I really wanted the Verde PU - it's such a beautiful color - but I asked for other opinions at home and that's how I ended up with Navy on order. I really really want to see the Pilot/Co-Pilot in Verde. Wouldn't that be a beautiful and utilitarian exterior?

Comment

It is done! A30 Verde has been ordered.

The A45 has been a fabulous addition for our travels and I rationalized the A30 would round out our needs for shorter trips. Add in the amazing Verde and I didn't stand a chance. :) Although I have a feeling my son might snatch it up.

@GoStanford, I agree. Pilot / Co-Pilot in Verde would be beautiful.
                            Wanderlust + Baglust = Tom Bihn Fangirl

Comment

Working...
                            X