Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,232   Members: 6,597   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, ellemef.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I need a refillable waterbottle that fits the SCB, I will have to look through the forum for ideas.
    If you haven't found it already, check out the thread about water bottles in the Not About Bags Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by twosandalz View Post
      If you haven't found it already, check out the thread about water bottles in the Not About Bags Forum.
      Thanks for the link! But I already found a bottle in my local supermarket this evening, totally by chance. Not too expensive, half a litre and a perfect fit for the SCB. Brand is called Mepal and it’s actually made in the Netherlands. I hadn’t know that brand before, but I think the bottle looks really nice and it didn’t break the bank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C786869D-BC7A-4FFA-B5ED-D58A65EB2A1C.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	304328

Comment

maybe my favorite yet: Mt. Asahidake in Daisetsuzan National Park, Hokkaido

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
        "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

WF on the way to Long Beach for a wedding. Not enough time for Old Ironsides, so found a quiet place at BOS to relax

Name:	IMG_2442.JPG
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	304332

Comment

At long last a bag that comfortably holds both my helmet and my jacket!

Name:	20180928_220355.jpg
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	304334

eta: This is the LSB. The SSB holds just the helmet like it was made for it. And it still stands upright when the helmet is inside.
            Last edited by twosandalz; 10-03-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by twosandalz View Post
              At long last a bag that comfortably holds both my helmet and my jacket!
              Ha! I've used the keystrap to "close" the bag too!

Comment

Mars Red DLBP and Zest PCSB waiting at the pediatrician’s office this morning for flu shots.

Name:	88318EDE-2597-417F-B703-DFCF395F146E.jpeg
Size:	690.1 KB
ID:	304339

Comment

Comment

Some Pictures from the Sonoran Desert

I love this old saguaro with a seemingly endless number of arms along the Whiskey Bottle Trail in McDowell Sonoran Preserve. I put my Guide's Pack beside it for scale, it probably misses the Pacific Northwest where I didn't sweat all over it but if so it hasn't said a word and has faithfully carried all my water and other hiking essentials every time I go out. I'll probably give it a soak in the tub sometime this fall now that the weather has turned. I was a little nervous when moving here that it would be too hot to hike during the summer but that hasn't been the case, I just had to be up early, WAY TOO EARLY, and off the trails by mid-morning when the heat rises.

Here's a few shots of some of my favorite residents of the desert:
                    1) A gilded flicker on one of those oh-too-early mornings
                    2) A female gila woodpecker brings a moth for the nestlings in the saguaro while the male prepares to leave after staying with their little ones. Watching these two on multiple mornings was an absolute joy.
                    3) A Harris's antelope squirrel enjoys a piece of cactus fruit
                    4) An ornate tree squirrel climbs face first down a vertical rock face
                    5) A Mojave rattlesnake, fortunately we saw each other from a distance so this encounter was peaceful

Comment

Smart Alec blue bag of happiness makes the cut as a personal item on Sun Country. Off to NYC for five days with one bag.

Name:	D791FF1C-40B2-4E39-95A3-02B3D385D001.jpeg
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	304343

Comment

MCB at the pumpkin patch :)

Name:	309A0447-B7EE-4607-A203-0708FDD8DFCD.jpeg
Size:	693.7 KB
ID:	304360

Comment

UW Madison Visit with my trusty LUMINARY, it never fails to provide a lightweight solution to long walks.

Name:	IMG_9778.jpg
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	304362

Comment

Snowbird Utah.

Comment

Farewell trip with my Original Halcyon DLBP, we went to Majorca. Switching to an Aubergine DLBP...

Name:	OI000632.jpg
Size:	716.0 KB
ID:	304431

Comment

Hiking for acouple of days with my Guide's Pack in the Black - momentarily rather coloured - Forest. Awesome companion!

Name:	blackforest-2.jpg
Size:	600.8 KB
ID:	304438Click image for larger version

Name:	blackforest-1.jpg
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	304439Click image for larger version

Name:	blackforest-4.jpg
Size:	502.1 KB
ID:	304436Click image for larger version

Name:	blackforest-3.jpg
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	304437
                                ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                                current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Working...
                                X