Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,741   Posts: 190,275   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday night Costco run with my Dawn Truck. Love this bag! It holds a surprising amount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 8.54.51 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	304566
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

Tiger's nest

My DLBP made it to the monastery in much better shape that I did ;-)

Name:	09C08651-C5E4-42BE-A3FB-5EBDC0886E80.jpeg
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	304584
      Last edited by Ca1i; 12-02-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca1i View Post
        My DLBP made it to the monestary in much better shape that I did ;-)
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]21499[/ATTACH]
        Where is this monastery located? I think I saw a pic of it on google images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Not all who wander are lost"
        "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
        Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

Originally posted by melminimalist View Post
          Where is this monastery located? I think I saw a pic of it on google images
          It is a Buddhist monastery in Bhutan https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paro_Taktsang One of the more exotic places my Tom Bihn bags have been :-)

Comment

Brand new Aubergine/island Sidekick went to Rosebud Theatre in Rosebud, Alberta, Canada today for family Christmas :)

Comment

Overhead bin was full -- no problem. A30 fits under the seat in JetBlue "even more space" section.

Name:	Screenshot_20181221-224441.png
Size:	674.5 KB
ID:	304642

On our way home from Universal Orlando and Harry Potter fun. Everything for three rainy theme park days fit with room to spare.

Comment

Adding a packing contents picture -- I ended up replacing the rubber loafers with water-friendly sandals (it POURED rain the whole second day we were in Florida, and those ankle-length jeans were soaked to mid-thigh).

So the A30 held: jeans, 2 prs sandals, merino cardigan, three sets tshirts/socks/underthings, day bag w/emergency supplies cubelet, 3-1-1 bag w/all toiletries, and travel tray packed with in-flight supplies (headphones, tissues, hand wipes, charging cables). On the way home, there was space to add souvenirs and some of my sister's stuff that she didn't have room for. Also: laptop in the backpack strap pocket.

Wish I brought more wool socks and my small zip top shop bag to replace my day bag after it got soaked.

Edited to add: also not pictured: snacks.

Name:	Screenshot_20181222-124332.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	304658
                Last edited by Lia; 12-25-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lia View Post
                  Adding a packing contents picture -- I ended up replacing the rubber loafers with water-friendly sandals (it POURED rain the whole second day we were in Florida, and those ankle-length jeans were soaked to mid-thigh).

So the A30 held: jeans, 2 prs sandals, merino cardigan, three sets tshirts/socks/underthings, day bag w/emergency supplies cubelet, 3-1-1 bag w/all toiletries, and travel tray packed with in-flight supplies (headphones, tissues, hand wipes, charging cables). On the way home, there was space to add souvenirs and some of my sister's stuff that she didn't have room for. Also: laptop in the backpack strap pocket.

Wish I brought more wool socks and my small zip top shop bag to replace my day bag after it got soaked.

Edited to add: also not pictured: snacks.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21589[/ATTACH]
                  What did you wear once your jeans were soaked through? Also, what did you travel in?

"Not all who wander are lost"
                  "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                  Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

I love that my family tolerates my TB addiction. Here's our luggage for 4 people going to Florida for 6 days. On the way out, we had no checked-in luggage. I attached a dry bag to my Smart Alec to hold a medium Yeoman Duffel. On the return trip, the YD was filled with gifts that needed to be checked.

I also took a large zip-top shop bag. It was packed flat in my SA on the way, used during the trip for holding gifts/doing laundry, and carried my DLBC when I moved the shoulder strap to the YD on the return.

Name:	Screenshot_20181229-161512~2.jpg
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	304681

Comment

My S25 in black halcyon made the trip from Orlando to Palm Springs, California this Christmas (via Dallas). Even stuffed, it fit nicely under the seat on American, and it was very comfortable to wear while schlepping between gates.

We ran into massive problems getting home when thunderstorms shut DFW down on the day after Christmas, so it took two days to get home: Palm Springs to Abilene to Dallas on Wednesday on the 26th, then finally Dallas to Chicago to Orlando on Friday on the 28th. With all the chaos at DFW last week (our bags arrived in Orlando a day earlier than we did!), I was happy that my supremely organized and comfy S25 was there for me.

While cooling our heels during a two-hour layover at Chicago O’Hare, I saw (but wasn’t quick enough to photograph) two other TB bags in Terminal 3: a TB Buzz in line at Starbucks, and a Smart Alec in the food court. I was very excited :)

Last edited by chaimonkey; 01-03-2019, 02:19 PM.
                      Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Luminary 15 in Nebulous Gray/Island

Comment

Fancy Manhattan hotel does not necessarily mean adequate counter space in the bathroom. 3DOC hook to the rescue!

Name:	IMG_20190109_111710.jpg
Size:	594.0 KB
ID:	304717

Comment

Where did your TB bag go lately

Fully packed Western Flyer ready for a 6 day convention in Tampa, my only bag. All clothes, shoes, computer, and even some books and signage materials I had to put in at the last minute. Emptied it at the hotel and then used it to go grocery shopping. This bag is magic.

It even fit under the seat with an AV box!

Oh, and it makes a great footrest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Amy; 01-09-2019, 09:01 AM.
                          Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

24-hr work trip to Jackson Hole, managed to sneak some skiing in...fortunately didn't need the WF on the slopes

Name:	IMG_3593.JPG
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	304724

Comment

Name:	IMG_3266 3.jpeg
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	304730 Husband packed two drones into the S25 I gave him and off we went to the Oregon coast for a day trip.

Comment

and the drone video (Synapse 25 cameo to my right!) https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsmso5pn5Jk/

Comment

Working...
                                X