Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,657   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caribbean Beach resort at Disney World for the Half Marathon last weekend. Didn't break any world records (lol, not even close) but I didn't die and I finished 15 minutes faster than last year so I'm going to call that a win 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1154 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	304748
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut 30, Monster Truck, Travel Tray

“...a book is a fragile creature, it suffers the wear of time, it fears rodents, the elements, clumsy hands. If for a hundred and a hundred years everyone had been able freely to handle our codices, the majority of them would no longer exist. So the librarian protects them not only against mankind but also against nature, and devotes his life to this war with the forces of oblivion, the enemy of truth.”
    ― Umberto Eco

Comment

OOOOO, coyote!

Comment

The P.U. At the Charles River falls next to Bacon Street Library in Natick, MA. Loading up on sunshine and books before the snow storm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In Boston. Packed the kitchen sink due to the impending storm (any time I have to fly with a carryon suitcase and not just an A30 I call it the kitchen sink)

Still managed to bring my TB though.

A couple months ago I posted about how I like to use keystraps on my PCSBs to give them a grab handle when I use them as packing cubes.

Well I forgot to pack a shoulder strap and had to improvise. I have a leather clutch for business socials but my half day sightseeing kit needed some help. Keystraps to the rescue!

Comment

Mahurangi Regional Park - New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by TRD View Post
              In Boston. Packed the kitchen sink due to the impending storm (any time I have to fly with a carryon suitcase and not just an A30 I call it the kitchen sink)

Still managed to bring my TB though.

A couple months ago I posted about how I like to use keystraps on my PCSBs to give them a grab handle when I use them as packing cubes.

Well I forgot to pack a shoulder strap and had to improvise. I have a leather clutch for business socials but my half day sightseeing kit needed some help. Keystraps to the rescue!

Brilliant!
              Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
              Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
              Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

My smart alec ([emoji3590]) and pop tote ([emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]) went on a college reunion trip to New Orleans for the long weekend. I am normally a light very minimalist packer, but I was so excited for this trip that I basically packed my entire wardrobe minus summer clothes. It all fit perfectly in the two bags. I used my a30 pcbp as a large packing cube and my pcsb as a smaller one in the SA. I had a few other pouches stuffed in there too. My boots and outer wear went into the tote along with my toiletries. This was the perfect combo. However, if I could just wish for one thing it would be a way to attach a shoulder strap to my tote so I can wear it cross body with my SA. Also, as soon as a black halcyon side kick comes up either on eBay or on Tom Bihn website I’m snatching it up so I can have my toiletries on top of the SA.

"Not all who wander are lost"
                "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
                Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

My olive SE went for a walk on the highway 99 viaduct in Seattle.

Comment

The Appropriately Named Quartz Trail

We've been renting a house our first year in Arizona but in January we started house hunting in earnest. Two top choices emerged so a week ago I went to a trail near what I expected was going to be my second choice to help cement my opinion. I went further than I've gone before, continuing on to the Quartz Trail and wandering up to this outcropping of quartz that looks out over Scottsdale. I had a fun morning and confirmed the other house was my first choice but also that I'd be happy living in the second if we didn't get the first. We put an offer in on our first choice and they accepted so soon we will own a home in our desert home! That house is further from work than I'd like but we liked the house best and it is quite close to the three places I hike the most, and it is still only half an hour away from this trailhead and another nearby that I like. We are blessed with hiking opportunities here and as always my Guide's Pack is my faithful companion on the trails.

Comment

I love that area of Arizona and envy you! I'm thinking about moving there from Taxifornia. Great picture, by the way.
                      Go Navy

Comment

We went XC skiing at Falcon Trails, Manitoba.

Comment

Headed to Pittsburgh for a cold weekend with the Queen and kids for one of her conferences earlier this month. Windchill into the negatives, but I managed to stay comfy outside

Name:	IMG_E3864.JPG
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	304771

A pretty impressive cold weather haul for a bag this size:

Name:	IMG_3916.JPG
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	304772

Comment

My A30 in its second trip. 8 days in Iceland during winter. Plenty of room to accommodate everything I needed.

Comment

My A30 in its second trip also! 9 day trip in Italy carrying everything I need including my iPad and an extra pair of shoes. Inside is a Side Kick to carry around my water bottle and other miscellaneous items during the day. Despite being a little heavy with everything inside, the backpack and sternum straps of the A30 are so comfortable and really make walking long distances completely manageable. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3996.jpg
Size:	554.7 KB
ID:	304773

Comment

S25 waiting for the boys at piano practice:)

Name:	177DF138-3F8F-4BD3-A6C7-6BA08015D5BA.jpeg
Size:	741.4 KB
ID:	304781

Comment

Working...
                                X