Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,218   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for the train in Goslar (Lower Saxony, Germany) with my loyal Road Buddy and my always organized companion S25 GE after a three day workshop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rb_s25-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	304782
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

So there's no bag in this photo but basically all of the bags were behind me as I took this photo, so it maybe sorta kinda counts!

Lisa and Fong looking out our factory window just as the snow begins to fall....

Name:	snowing.jpg
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	304783
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

It's so beautiful! Be safe, especially if you get ice.
        EDC: SCB/MCB, Swift for knitting, small shop bags
        TRAVEL: A45
        FAVORITE TB COLORS: kiwi, verde, nordic & black halcyon, viridian, alphaviolet, ursa
        FAVORITE LINING COLORS: wasabi, northwest sky

Comment

On an adventure with my son and S25 today in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just returned from six days at Walt Disney World where we stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins. We could see deer and other wild life from the deck. Besides a medium yeoman and medium Road Duffel, we took one of my all time favorites, the original halcyon DLBP. For this trip, I purchased a NWS/NWS travel cubelet to use as my park bag. And for a personal item on the flight, it was the original halcyon Smart Alec, which is a great all around backpack. I really love the Smart Alec, especially the halcyon versions.

Name:	Ft Wilderness.jpg
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	304815

Name:	deer.jpg
Size:	743.0 KB
ID:	304820

Name:	Big Thunder.jpg
Size:	701.4 KB
ID:	304817

Name:	DLBP.jpg
Size:	565.8 KB
ID:	304821

Nik’s #4 wallet worked great holding my annual pass, gift cards, credit cards, and ID. It was very easy to whip it out since it was leashed to a key strap.

Name:	TC.jpg
Size:	885.6 KB
ID:	304816

Name:	Nik's wallet.jpg
Size:	759.5 KB
ID:	304818
            Last edited by pammy; 02-15-2019, 09:33 AM. Reason: rotate photos
            Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Originally posted by pammy View Post
              [...]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21864[/ATTACH]
              [...]
              It reminds me the "Three Bears" xD
              Did Goldilocks visit you ?
              just a Bihnion here

Comment

Here is the Smart Alec flying home from Jersey (Channel Isles).

Pictured under the window seat of the Bombardier Q400, a regional size turbo prop plane.

A bit cramped, since the rounded shape of the plane body interferes with the space available, but it was OK for a short flight (I'm 5ft 6 for reference). There was more room under the aisle seat.

The flight was pretty full and the gate attendants were very assiduous in gate checking almost everything with wheels, so I was pretty happy when they didn't even bother asking me to put my bag in the sizer [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rei View Post
                  It reminds me the "Three Bears" xD
                  Did Goldilocks visit you ?
                  Those bag do resemble the three bears, don't they? Your comment makes me realize I need a TC in original halcyon before that fabric is retired. I think it would be great in 400d halcyon. Although I must say the 200d halcyon version makes a perfect theme park bag.
                  Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Originally posted by pammy View Post
                    Your comment makes me realize I need a TC in original halcyon before that fabric is retired. I think it would be great in 400d halcyon.
                    Let's hope they make them!
                    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

WF one-bag for 3 days hitting the slopes in Santa Fe, followed by 4 day conference in Los Angeles. PCBP filling in to carry handwarmers and extra layers in windy, cold near-whiteout.

Name:	IMG_4366.JPG
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	304827

Comment

I had a week away for work about an hour from home. It was a perfect opportunity to try out my new Tri-Star. It was a good test for several upcoming journeys for which I will use this bag. Next week, I'm flying to Boston and will get a better sense of how this bag works for me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Amount of time it took for me to pack for my last minute road trip? 5 minutes. Thanks to my awesome EDC Tom Bihn accessories (grey pouch holds makeup), clear pouch holds gum and a forst aid kit, Lime pouch holds receipts, loyalty cards and change. Not pictured: Nordic Smart Alec holding overnight clothes for three people.

Comment

Visiting my little sister in Heidelberg this weekend with my DLBP (and my Road Buddy).

Name:	OI001058.jpg
Size:	789.1 KB
ID:	304840

So warm and sunny, you could even take your coat off for a time. Can't wait for spring!

Comment

TRISTAR PCBP

Travelled back to Ireland to spend time with my Dad. Carried my Tristar which was excellent, outfitted with a PCBP, Tri-star packing cube and homemade side effect-esque. Going out for the day round his old haunts where he fished and rode his motor bike in his youth. He's 87 this year so that's a fair while ago. Here we are at the end of Lough Neagh on the banks of the Bann. Much of N Ireland has featured in Game of Thrones. This part of the river is where Tyrion Lannister and his captor Mormont where attacked by the zombie/leper type people. The sign details it, kinda makes me laugh how the camera's dress it up.

Name:	pcbp.jpg
Size:	896.2 KB
ID:	304841

Comment

DLBP and SK waiting for the boys at the orthodontist this morning.

Name:	671A011E-9AD0-4B50-A710-8B1DF52FCDD6.jpeg
Size:	788.2 KB
ID:	304844

Comment

Working...
                                X