Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,774   Posts: 190,633   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Warneral.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Nice color combo @brendabethman!
    I'm assuming the WF and Swift are BO? they look red tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
      Ha ha! Totally looks like a dorm room!

Because it is :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
      I'm assuming the WF and Swift are BO? they look red tho.
      Yep, burnt orange. I blame the dorm lighting for the poor colors in the photo.

Comment

That great light lends to great studying for students!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
          Not nearly as glamorous as some recent shots, but here are my Western Flyer, Swift, and Side Effect enjoying the swanky accommodations at the University of Missouri-St. Louis:

[ATTACH]11814[/ATTACH]
          Oh my word, oh my word, oh my word! That orange is drop dead gorgeous (even in the swanky dorm room!). Thanks so much for sharing the photo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
            Oh my word, oh my word, oh my word! That orange is drop dead gorgeous (even in the swanky dorm room!). Thanks so much for sharing the photo!
            The BO is more orange than the picture here shows, imo. I actually love the color in this light much better than the real thing!

Comment

I packed up my Nordic Dyneema Packing Cube Backpack and Packing Cube Shoulder Bag this weekend and traveled down to Ventura (flew to Bob Hope Airport in Burbank) to participate in the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon this morning.

As you can see from my medal, I finished. More importantly, I trained for and ran this race specifically to try to qualify to register for the Boston Marathon.

Not only did I BQ, but I came in 5 minutes and 12 seconds under my required qualifying time with a finish of 3:54:48, which means I get to register a day before race organizers open up race registration to everyone who qualified by a smidge.

I run a lot these days, but I don't run full marathons as much as halfs, much less pushing myself as hard as I did. This was TOUGH, but I made it! So happy that I attained my goal!

Comment

Nice collection, you there @Lani.

By the way @Lani, do you have a Daylight Backpack?
                Because if you have, I wonder from your perspective, which Bag - DLBP or PCBP is your preference?
                Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
                  As you can see from my medal, I finished. More importantly, I trained for and ran this race specifically to try to qualify to register for the Boston Marathon.
                  Congrats on a job very well done! I am always amazed at the fortitude and tenacity of distance runners. Impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by weirdguy View Post
                    ...which Bag - DLBP or PCBP is your preference?
                    I do indeed have a DLBP, in black Dyneema.

I like them both, but the DLBP holds considerably less, and the zippers don't go down all the way. So for me, it's more like a day purse. I don't think I'd ever use it as my travel carryon.

Comment

Congrats!!!
                      ----
                      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                      Edmund Burke

Comment

Duomo - Florence

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432559677.981747.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	296527

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
                          Duomo - Florence

[ATTACH]11826[/ATTACH]
                          Altho my trip to italy was many years (decades, ok?) ago, I remember Florence was my favorite city.

Comment

SIM I have to ask: could we see the hole donkey? He is so very cute!

Ilkyway
                            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Where did your TB bag go lately

On our way home, waiting for our flight at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. You'll notice that I "no longer have" my Packing Cube Shoulder Bag--it is actually neatly tucked into the PCBP!!

Comment

@Lani, you said you like the PCBP over the DLBP because of size. Do you mean you prefer it all of the time or just for travel? I'd think the lack of inside organization would be inconvenient.

Comment

Working...
                                X