Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,527   Posts: 187,797   Members: 6,490   Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, nickAnd.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of the many bags we brought camping this weekend to Dash Point State Park. Not far from home, since it was our first time camping with both kids (4yo, 15mo), but secluded enough that there was no cell phone reception.

Comment

I'm putting all my stuff into storage for several months and the Large Yeoman Duffels are doing their part

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210811_175745892.jpeg
Views:	756
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	335018
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Took a really muggy and buggy 🥵 hike up to Noanet Peak with my trusty old Synapse 19 and lovely husband. At the top of the peak you can see Boston in the distance!
        Attached Files

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and thank GrussGott for his pictures from a few pages back. I went to college at SJSU and seeing those photos of the campus's skyline was hugely nostalgic. Even saw the dorm building I lived in during undergrad! Where did you take the pictures from? From the angle, it seems like maybe one of the taller buildings in the downtown area, though obviously I can't tell which. Ah, if only I had a good backpack in those days~

Comment

Welcome to the Forums ittoujuu !
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by ittoujuu View Post
              Just wanted to pop in and thank GrussGott for his pictures from a few pages back. I went to college at SJSU and seeing those photos of the campus's skyline was hugely nostalgic. Even saw the dorm building I lived in during undergrad! Where did you take the pictures from? From the angle, it seems like maybe one of the taller buildings in the downtown area, though obviously I can't tell which. Ah, if only I had a good backpack in those days~
              yup, PWC building!

Comment

On the way to the North Sea, this time there's only one TB bag with me!

Name:	IMG_20210814_092139956_HDR.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	513.6 KB
ID:	335068

Comment

My sister with her SCB on the beach today...

Name:	OI000786_1.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	689.6 KB
ID:	335107

Comment

Just a little weekend getaway to Frankfurt and a nice opportunity to pack the Medium Yeoman in Olive Cordura (for two) and to rediscover the many virtues of the Icon: secure pocket against my back, small zipper pocket for (sun-)glasses, main compartment with enough depth for bulkier stuff e.g. camera and great looks!

Name:	fra_0721-1.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	335116

Name:	fra_0721-2.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	335117
                    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Me and my OG Halcyon SCB went for a walk by the seaside... (The SCB was mostly full with my rain jacket.)

Name:	IMG_20210822_160707_190.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	335494

Name:	IMG_20210822_160707_250.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	335495

Comment

Took my Brain Bag and S19 up to the Smoky Mountains for a week :)
                        Black/Island Synapse 19, Black/Steel, 13" Ristretto, Indigo BB, Island LSB, Black SSB, Sitka SSB, Seapine P.I.K.A, Sitka STT, Sitka SSC

Comment

Just back from my first visit to Bihnland, aka the Pacific Northwest. We had an ambitious 2 weeks including hiking in Mt Rainier and Olympic NP. I debated what bag to bring as I’m an older person with back and shoulder issues, but I was very pleased with my S22 and hip belt pocket setup. I clipped my camera wrap to the o-rings in the S22 and carried my travel binoculars in the hip belt pocket. Travel tripod, jacket, first aid and small entertainments for the grandkids filled the rest of the bag.

The pack was incredibly comfortable and convenient for hiking and EDC. No back or shoulder strain despite hours of carry.

The hip belt pocket was awesome! Not only did it carry the binos but I was able to slip my cellphone in there too. Loved the magnetic closure for security.
                          IMPORTANT HACK- I added a split ring to the side of the HBP so I could secure it to the S22 with a keystrap. Otherwise the pouch slips off the hip belt.
                          Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

The Paradigm visited Old Sturbridge Village today for an idyllic New England weather day and historical re-enactments! So much family fun for the final summer hurrah.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The Zeitgeist on a short hike at the Horsetooth Reservoir near Loveland, CO

Inside are two 17oz Microlite water bottles, a folded long sleeve sunshirt, sunscreen, keys, wallet.

Super comfortable to carry - forgot I even had it on. Like most packs, I used the sternum strap because it makes the pack feel more secure/less liable to slip off a shoulder.

ETA: This bag was provided free to me by TB for my independent review.
                              It still feels like a mini Paragon to me

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210912_144600455.MP.jpeg Views:	49 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	336118
                              Last edited by G42; 09-14-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

The Paradigm, last week sometime, at Walnut Canyon National Monument outside of Flagstaff Arizona.

Inside are a completely stuffed TB First Aid Pouch, a very full EC that I use as a 'traveling office' (it's stuffed since I'm currently traveling with no fixed abode & I don't leave it in the car unattended), a snack, and a folded long sleeve sunshirt in the main compartment. In the front pocket, I fit both my 17oz Microlite water bottles, sunscreen, keys, & Nik's wallet. It was pretty full, but I could have put more in.

I felt it carried basically the same as the Zeitgeist, though if the outside pocket has a lot of weight (like I did here with the water bottles) it does push the center of gravity out a bit. It's such a little pack though, relatively speaking, that it's barely noticeable to me.

The Contour straps are comfortable for the amount of weight you can fit into this small of a bag and the sternum straps make the straps feel very secure to me (as usual). This NM involved going up & down a lot of stairs to get into the canyon so the sternum straps and keeping the bag snugged prevent any annoying swaying.

I'm glad it doesn't have the full Edgeless straps as that would be overkill on this size bag. The new Contour straps definitely feel like a good minimal padded strap. I think TB putting them on the Daylight Backpack is a good idea - if it comes with a sternum strap on that bag, I'll give it a try again. I didn't mind the webbing straps when I first tried the Daylight, but I strongly prefer sternum straps when I'm carrying for any length of time, for keeping the straps in the best position, based on my body/shoulder shape.

This bag was provided free to me by TB for my independent review.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210908_190449934.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	336178

Same packout, better side view, at Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, also just east of Flagstaff, AZ
                                The Ursa colour is very close to some of the weathered volcanic rock

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210908_142925129.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	78.1 KB ID:	336179
                                Last edited by G42; 09-14-2021, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X