Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the chilly climes of Chicago...I send you greetings. I travelled here with numerous stuff sacks, Pilot, and NFTD in dyneema, plus a Navy/UV PU. The stuff sacks and Pilot were a given as I routinely use those for travel and as a work bag, respectively. The NFTD was a last-minute decision but (as with my one previous trip on which I used it) was superlative as a snack and games bag on board. The zippered end pockets allowed for easy storage of gloves and little accessories on the flight, and it stores so easily under the airplane seat. I use it rarely but fully enjoy it when I do.

I am still figuring out the PU. @Janine said it best in her early review - the bag has a finite amount of space and overpacking one pocket takes away space from the neighboring pockets. Maybe it's because I'm primarily a Dyneema user, but I really notice it in this bag. Plus, despite the Tom Bihn logo, I keep flipping it around and forgetting what I've got in which set of pockets. That said, it is rugged and sleek, and holds water bottles, medicine, snacks, change of clothes, etc. very comfortably.

Comment

I used a Synapse 19 as my ski bag while skiing at Heavenly Lake Tahoe recently. It was the perfect size to manage my essentials, and I didn't even need to take it off while using the lift.

2014-12-18 14.10.52 by Toblerhaus, on Flickr
      --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Comment

Great picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SE took a walk in old San Juan, PR. Can you spot Waldo?

Comment

Shop bag and accessories at the beach in South Florida.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422644647.053708.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	295495

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422644659.237080.jpg
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	295496

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
              Shop bag and accessories at the beach in South Florida.
              I love taking Shop Bags to the beach, it so easy to get the sand off compared to traditional beach bags!
              Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
              Small Cafe Bag - Burnt Orange

Comment

Originally posted by jalegg View Post
                I love taking Shop Bags to the beach, it so easy to get the sand off compared to traditional beach bags!
                Ditto on the beach bag! My LSB in Nordic is my go-to bag for the beach. Sand just brushes right off of it! Brilliant!

Comment

My pilot went to Amsterdam...and I got to embarrass my teenage daughter!

Name:	IMG_4487.jpg
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	295498

"Oh, Dad...stop."
                  ============================================

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
                    My pilot went to Amsterdam...and I got to embarrass my teenage daughter!
                    This is a great picture - what parenthood is all about! She seems to be taking it in stride. I hope you both are having a wonderful time in that beautiful city!

Comment

@Walker- is that a steel parapack SE??????? It's gorgeous!!! Hope parapack is offered again.
                      Getting to the point with too many bags to list them all. Current daily carry is a PickUp Truck and Everyday Cubelet. Love all my shop bags, ghost whales, cubelets. Hoping to travel again soon to use my A30 and co-pilot.

Comment

jeffmac - great photo. Our kids have NO clue how cool we Bihnions really are.

Your EC bag is going with my son to Santa Fe next week for his youth symphony tour - I don't trust him yet with a Tristar.

Comment

Ohhhh goodie, this is what I have to look forward to! Love the pic! Your daughter's look is priceless!
                          I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

@sturbridge, yes, it is. I agree - hope parapack comes back.

Comment

Where did your TB bag go lately

Originally posted by jalegg View Post
                              Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
                              Ditto on the beach bag! My LSB in Nordic is my go-to bag for the beach. Sand just brushes right off of it! Brilliant!
                              Yes, it was a great beach bag! Next time I will take a large, though, as it was a bit tight. I also used my PCSB to pack my suit, coverup, and water shoes. It went into the A45 and then I tossed it into the bag when I was ready to hit the beach. Also gave me somewhere to store my clothes after I changed. The combo was perfect.
                              Last edited by brendabethman; 02-01-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

My bags and I say goodbye to Ponce, Puerto Rico.

Comment

Working...
                                X