Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,199   Members: 6,711   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, Rangerjo.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
    But you JUST did a marathon! And you're going to do a half marathon soon? You're my new hero!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She's gotta run to keep us from snitching her Nordic....

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
      Sitting in OAK, on our way to SLC then off to Jackson Hole for the Grand Teton Half Marathon this weekend. Traveling with a Nordic WF, Nordic PCSB for me, and a Steel Tri-Star and Steel PCBP for the spouse.

So pretty! Nordic/Steel is my favourite. Looking at it almost cools me down in this heat...

Comment

I think if you slow juiced cucumber, lime, and a few strawberries, then muddled a few more berries strawberries/thinly sliced cucumber, shake well with ice, it would be fantastic. I know there was some simple syrup in there too, but I think juicing a few berries would sweeten it quite nicely.

I'm missing my slow juicer here in Canada. And no juice shops around here. :(

I don't know about Kingston, but in Ottawa, they have Booster Juice if you are in need. Never been, so I can't say how good it is.

At home, we've used frozen berries as ice cubes. I might make some simple syrup. Mint maybe?
        Last edited by FrozenJ; 06-04-2015, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrozenJ View Post
          I don't know about Kingston, but in Ottawa, they have Booster Juice if you are in need. Never been, so I can't say how good it is.

At home, we've used frozen berries as ice cubes. I might make some simple syrup. Mint maybe?
          Thanks for the tip. Yelp searches didn't give me anything, but there is a Booster Juice here! Two, in fact, but the one on campus (where I am) is listed as closed everyday. The other one is about 10K away.

Comment

10K? You have your running shoes for training, right?...

But, may not want to run back.

Comment

There are a couple of juice bars in Kingston - Fuel Kingston on Princess and Pulp the Juice on Brock. Both should be only a few blocks from you. Glad you are enjoying one of my favorite small cities.
              Last edited by jannilee; 06-04-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Pokilany may I say that this a very vell framed picture of your hotel room ;-)

Have FUN!

Lani you bag pile looks gourges!

Ilkyway
                “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by jannilee View Post
                  There are a couple of juice bars in Kingston - Fuel Kingston on Princess and Pulp the Juice on Brock. Both should be only a few blocks from you. Glad you are enjoying one of my favorite small cities.
                  Those are really close. Thanks @jannilee! I'm not just enjoying Kingston, I absolutely love it. It is incredibly picturesque, beautiful campus, great restaurants, yummy gelato, cute neighborhoods, very walkable (except Booster Juice, that's too far-lol). I'm surprised I like the architecture too (I'm very much a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright and mid-century modern). The limestone is gorgeous.

Comment

So, for the last two weeks Mrs. Nukediver and I have been house/pet/teenager-sitting for friends of ours while they're away on vacation. I have been living out of several of my TB bags. Specifically, my Forest/UV A45 has been my non-hanging clothes trunk (shirts, undies, socks), while my UV TT has taken up residence on the nightstand. Since I needed to haul all my electronics with me, I've been switching between my Black/Iberian S25 and brand spankin' new Black Dyneema/Iberian Pilot for my EDC (I use a Black/Iberian SE for quick trips out to lunch). This has been working beautifully, which really comes as no surprise. Sadly, I have no pictures of this system, and I've mostly de-camped as of today since we just have the weekend left to house-sit.
                    Eat well, travel often.

Comment

My SA has seen a lot of action in my condo's stairwell. The lift has been spoiled for nearly a week now, and since I live on the 8th floor, I have a lot of climbing to do. My SA stays in the boot of my car so that I can use it to transport groceries up the stairs and that has prevented my shoulders from getting killed this past week. This morning I stashed a whole chicken, pork, tonnes of raw veg, instant noodles, etc. in the SA for my first stair-climb of the day. Great bag. (If we have more groceries than that, I may have to bust out the BB.)

Comment

But you JUST did a marathon! And you're going to do a half marathon soon?
                        It just worked out that way. We ran the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon over Labor Day Weekend, did a local trail half marathon last Saturday, are doing the Grand Teton Half tomorrow, and then the Yellowstone Half next Saturday.

Comment

Where did your TB bag go lately

Originally posted by FrozenJ View Post
                          10K? You have your running shoes for training, right?...

But, may not want to run back.
                          No 10Ks on this trip. Most of the races I do are half-marathons, but I'm registered for 3 full marathons later this fall. :-)

Most of the races I run are local trail races so I don't need to pack at all, but for the quick weekend trips Incan usually pare it down to a PCBP with maybe a PCSB--but it means I just wear my race shoes and then pack a pair of flip flops so I can let my feet breath and relax after the race.

Last edited by Lani; 06-05-2015, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                            The lift has been spoiled for nearly a week now, and since I live on the 8th floor, I have a lot of climbing to do.
                            Wow--8 flights of stairs!! That's a workout!! You're ready for mountain hiking now, though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
                              Wow--8 flights of stairs!! That's a workout!! You're ready for mountain hiking now, though!!

Ya! I did 3 trips today; felt obliged to power-climb the last one because, you know, last "workout" of the day... If this continues into the end of next week, I may well shed the pounds I gained in law school ;O

Comment

The Pilot has landed in Stockholm-Arlanda. This is my home airport,so nothing exotic, but the weather was nice and I found a spot where you can see Arlanda tower.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CGwHeKHW0AAHM7Z.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	296616
                                Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                                X