Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,774   Posts: 190,633   Members: 6,656   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, Warneral.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year, so far, my S19 went to Chihuahua, Mexico (my birth place) in March, and Netherlands and Belgium in May. I still need to sort photos. I know I have one with my backpack that my husband took in Ypres. We're back home in Toronto now, but we have some hiking and camping trips planned for the glorious Ontario summer, and maybe another trip to Quebec in the fall, like we usually do.

I am almost convinced that I am the worst TB customer as I have not bought anything new in months, but I find that my S19 fits all my needs. It's my everyday bag, my travel bag, my life carrier. :)

I have received a few inquiries about it on the subway, so I hope that I am at least sending TB a few new customers.

Cheers, everyone!
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches, Little Swift, travel trays

Comment

Originally posted by yohopee View Post
      This year, so far, my S19 went to Chihuahua, Mexico (my birth place) in March, and Netherlands and Belgium in May. I still need to sort photos. I know I have one with my backpack that my husband took in Ypres. We're back home in Toronto now, but we have some hiking and camping trips planned for the glorious Ontario summer, and maybe another trip to Quebec in the fall, like we usually do.
      I can't wait to see your photos! Quebec, btw, is one of Tom's favorite places to spend time and it's where he had the inspiration for the Q-AM Shoulder Strap and the original Kit, amongst other designs.

Originally posted by yohopee View Post
      I am almost convinced that I am the worst TB customer as I have not bought anything new in months, but I find that my S19 fits all my needs. It's my everyday bag, my travel bag, my life carrier. :)
      Far from it. That's our ultimate hope for every bag that leaves this factory: that it belongs to someone who cherishes it and uses it often for a very long time. One of the reasons we think we will always (happily) be a small company is that we make bags that people don't need or want to replace very often.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Quebec is wonderful. We go as often as possible, whether it's to Montreal, Quebec City, or other places. Back in 2009 we took a 20-day road trip all the way to the Gaspé Peninsula, such a beautiful area with delicious food and gracious people. We also saw so many whales it was ridiculous (we were in a small zodiac boat, and a blue whale swam underneath us, pretty scary but awesome at the same time!). We've camped and hiked in many of the parks in the province. Quebec is truly a nature lover's paradise. My son is in French immersion school, so he is very proud of his Francophone education. He always wants to travel to QC, and the early fall with the changing leaves is our favourite season. :)
        LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches, Little Swift, travel trays

Comment

yohopee,

I just started a thread on Quebec recommendations in the Travel Tips section. When you have time, could you add details on the whale watching trip please? That's on my to-do list. Any other tips would be welcome.

Thanks!

Comment

I took my Aeronaut and small cafe bag to New Zealand! Hired a campervan and drove around South and North Islands.

Comment

1000 Islands. View from Heart Island. This place is breathtaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                I went there with my folks after graduation! It's beautiful. Are you driving through the Great Lakes area? Because there is a great ice cream place, Cayuga Lake Creamery, somewhere around there. That was one of the highlights of my trip to that area.
                Last edited by adalangdon; 06-06-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I'm visiting Kingston, ON. We drove to Rockport to catch a cruise of the St. Lawrence. It was interesting to have US cell service the whole time we were there, even on the Canadian side.

Comment

That's the border crossing we use to visit family. We get a nice view from the bridge. One of these days we need stop for a visit.

Comment

On the plane. Two women across the aisle want to steal my A30! Got my eye on them!

Comment

Last week I went on a 7 day cruise to Alaska and I took my A30 and NFTD was my two travel bags with black dyneema DLBP folded inside the A30.

Here are my bags and my mom's bags with our ship (the Norwegian Pearl) in the background!

And here I am with them!

The A30 worked well with a week's worth of clothing. I was trying to pack lighter but being from Arizona and going to the cold (for example 42 and raining in Glacier Bay), I wanted to be prepared. My bag ended up being about 17 pounds and felt comfortable for the time I had to wear it around.

I have a picture of the DLBP somewhere on my camera that I have to find. It kept almost everything dry in the rain for 3 hours. It was a lifesaver!
                        Treat Yo Self (to more TB merchandise)

Comment

Originally posted by Simone View Post
                          Last week I went on a 7 day cruise to Alaska and I took my A30 and NFTD was my two travel bags with black dyneema DLBP folded inside the A30.

Here are my bags and my mom's bags with our ship (the Norwegian Pearl) in the background!

And here I am with them!

The A30 worked well with a week's worth of clothing. I was trying to pack lighter but being from Arizona and going to the cold (for example 42 and raining in Glacier Bay), I wanted to be prepared. My bag ended up being about 17 pounds and felt comfortable for the time I had to wear it around.

I have a picture of the DLBP somewhere on my camera that I have to find. It kept almost everything dry in the rain for 3 hours. It was a lifesaver!
                          This is the best visual I've had of both bags "in use" - thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

You and your TB bags look gorgeous, @Simone!

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                              This is the best visual I've had of both bags "in use" - thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                              You and your TB bags look gorgeous, @Simone!

You're welcome @marytattoo!! My mom had me pose a bit when I took the picture to give a better visual. She later told me she did it so I could go post it on the forums haha! They worked together great, I actually hand carried the NFTD for the most part, but over the shoulder worked great when I needed to be hands free!

And thank you @Pokilani! :)
                              Treat Yo Self (to more TB merchandise)

Comment

Not sure you can make out either my black parapack S25, or the plane outside - waiting for the plane to push back so my plane can arrive.

Quick overnighter BOS-DEN, but amazingly both outbound and return flights were sufficiently delayed so I needed to be rebooked both ways. Very thankful I didn't check anything, and that I could sprint to the gate w/my S25!

Comment

Working...
                                X