Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,632   Posts: 188,988   Members: 6,617   Active Members: 303
elysiawlko
Banned
Welcome to our newest member, elysiawlko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your pictures are breathtaking, @mrbrown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown View Post
      Sydney for 7 days with just my Nordic Halcyon S25 (clothes, toiletries, MacBook and iPad Pro 9.7-inch) and my camera gear in my Pilot.

I spent half the week in town for a work thing, and the other half in the suburbs, visiting weekend markets and having Sydney coffee.

Sydney coffee FTW.
      Love the pics! And the nordic S25 and the coffee recommendation : )

Comment

Duke doesn't carry his own often, but when does, he carries Bihn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20161111_104559-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	300690

Comment

Germany bound [emoji846]

Comment

A well deserved family break to Center Parcs.

With TB gear serving everything from basic clothes carry to daily swimming kit to all other bits and pieces. And the kid's field journals for a little bit of art if we can squeeze it in.

Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

At SFO waiting to go to Guatemala. I didn't take any shots of them in Guatemala, but I will be going back in two years, so maybe I will remember :) I returned from a medical mission, and while the S25 and A45 were great choices, the passport pouch is one of the best investments I have ever made. Almost everyone that saw mine asked me about it, so sales might spike a little.

Name:	dEYPqZu.jpg
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	300697

For Darcy (or anyone interested):

As for the mission, I am still processing it. It was really amazing to be able to help as many people as we did, but there were so many we had to turn away. The town and people were very welcoming and appreciative. We usually started around 6am and finished around 8pm everyday. We were there 5 days, and I assisted in about 45 surgeries.

Here is the OR table I worked on for most of my time there, there are a total of 4 OR tables in the room.

Name:	e87LUVs.jpg
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	300698

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                Germany bound [emoji846]

What color are those bags?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
                  What color are those bags?
                  They're original Nordic Dyneema with a white grid. Now a discontinued colour I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                    They're original Nordic Dyneema with a white grid. Now a discontinued colour I'm afraid.

Ahh, thanks! It must have looked darker in my eyes due to the lighting where the photo was shot.

Comment

I've just travelled from Wellington to Perth, and then back with a two and a half day stop in Sydney. Here's my A30 on the ferry crossing Sydney Harbour to the hotel.

Travelling with cabin baggage only was great. When I arrived back in Wellington last night, it took only 15 minutes from the plane through immigration and customs to getting into a taxi. In Sydney I put my luggage in a storage place near Circular Quay while I spent the last morning sightseeing and shopping. There was a whole cruise ship unloading at the same time and some of those people had insane amounts of luggage. The couple in front of me in the queue had two large suitcases and four small bags between them and spent over $50 on luggage storage.

Name:	sydney tom bihn.JPG
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	300725
                      A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

My sitka large shop bag and nordic halcyon Side Effect outside British Museum. They have bag searches now. The shopbag was searched. The Side Effect was not.

Ready to learn something...
                        Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

North Queensland to New York

Recently my husband and I flew from our home in North Queensland, Australia to New York. While we have made this trek many, many times before, this was our first time to do it with cabin baggage only. The verdict from my husband, who has come to see the payoff from my bag obsession: 'It's liberating!'.

One short leg down, two hefty ones to go. Here are our two black ballistic A45's, plus my original halcyon LCB, at the airport in Brisbane:

Name:	IMG_4092.jpg
Size:	737.4 KB
ID:	300840

Phew, more than halfway there. At the lounge at LAX, my A45 made a decent footrest:

Name:	thumb_IMG_4234_1024.jpg
Size:	447.0 KB
ID:	300841

When bags improve the quality of life! Travelling more lightly facilitated an overnight stay with friends that otherwise would have been too difficult. Instead of needing to get our usual van service from JFK to our final destination in Connecticut, we were able to detour first to Brooklyn, and the next day take the subway into Manhattan and catch a commuter train from Grand Central to Connecticut. My middle-aged self can't drag a big suitcase up and down the station stairs they way I used to, but I can carry an A45 in backpack mode. Here's my husband on the subway with his A45 (and Tumi tote).

Name:	thumb_IMG_4238_1024.jpg
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	300842

Here's a view looking down the LCB on my lap to my A45, riding between my knees (feet keeping the end from touching the subway floor):

Name:	thumb_IMG_4241_1024.jpg
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	300843

Comment

Kaz, kudos to you and your husband for good subway seat etiquette! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
                              Kaz, kudos to you and your husband for good subway seat etiquette! :)
                              Thanks, Rocks! Funny you should say that, because I was a bit uncomfortable with the overhang of my husband's A45 on both sides, even though the car wasn't crowded. It was unintentional, as he'd never ever be a seat hog. One of my pet peeves is disrespectful behaviour on public transport--bags on seats, and especially feet! As an ex-New Yorker I probably have strong views on good and poor etiquette.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                                As an ex-New Yorker I probably have strong views on good and poor etiquette.
                                That explains it! You know.
                                One seat over is my favorite seat on the train. I like to lean.

Comment

Working...
                                X