Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,583   Members: 6,646   Active Members: 252
Welcome to our newest member, YSAKit5982.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Journal @ 6 Place des Vosges (Victor Hugo's house in Paris).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
      My CoPilot made a trip to the Biltmore Estate last week...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10934[/ATTACH]
      My small cafe bag and I were at the Biltmore last week, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Comment

San Jose, CA: This time around it's Night Flight and Brain Bag, joined by a medium organizer pouch and a small double organizer pouch; I've overpacked slightly, but on the other hand I like to make sure some of my load-out is always food -- so there's a guaranteed weight loss for the way back. (For the bags, not necessarily for me.) Nearly brought Synapse instead, but since the backpack, either way, is going to carry some video gear in protective bags and pouches, it was a decision between Brain Bag loosely packed (yet slightly heavy) or Synapse stuffed pretty tight and at the same weight. Also, the loops on the back of the brain bag are useful for carrying a monopod, and one thing I wish that the Synapse had is bit of grab area (on the side, probably, rather than on the curving back), klettersack style.

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
          Is there a meme generator for those Hyperbole and a Half comics?

@GoStanford, I don't think there's a meme generator specifically for the Hyperbole and a Half comics, but you can certainly do a Google search for "meme generator x all the y". Forum members who want to know more background about this picture, and the Hyperbole and a Half Blog that originated the image can read this web page explanation. (Actually, the original image and caption seems suited to the http://forums.tombihn.com/not-about-...-you-done.html thread -- the caption read "Clean all the things!").

HTH

moriond
          Last edited by moriond; 03-22-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

@gumby

Oh my! What day? I usually TB rubberneck like mad!
            ============================================

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmac View Post
              @gumby

Oh my! What day? I usually TB rubberneck like mad!
              @jeffmac--

My SCB and I were there on Thursday. And I was rubbernecking, too. I have yet to see a TB bag in the wild. Would have been very fun to see you and your CoPilot at the Biltmore!

Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Comment

@gumby

Dang...I was there on Tuesday...sorry you had all the rain
                ============================================

Comment

@jeffmac:

The rain was a bit of a bummer -- we wanted to spend some time walking around the gardens, but the rain sent us to the winery instead. Tradeoffs... 😊

Comment

My SCB has not been anywhere for a while. But it will be heading out this weekend to look at birds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WalkerPosterImage1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	296044

Sorry, I don't know how to turn the 2nd photo the right way for easier viewing. Perhaps, one of the moderators will do me the favor. Thank you much!

Edit - rotated your picture for easier viewing as requested - Forum Moderator Crew
                    Last edited by tpnl; 03-30-2015, 06:34 AM.

Comment

ItsMe what size Aeronaut is shown in your SF picture?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello everyone! First time poster --this seems like a good thread to start with.
                        I took my Brain Bag to Iceland a few weeks ago.
                        Airplane configuration: camera gear packed in an f-stop camera insert in one compartment, extra clothes and "other stuff" in the other compartment.
                        EDC configuration: no-name vertical camera insert with camera, spare lenses and accessories in one compartment, spare clothes and snacks in the other, diamond grips and hand warmers in the pockets.
                        One thing I have just not been able to make work for me so far has been the camera IO. Doesn't hold enough for efficient airplane flight, too bulky for normal carry. Still trying to figure out a workable plan but =/

Comment

Yesterday, my Synapse 19 and I learned new things about the cold war: missile launch sites, bunkers and the Nike Hercules missile.

Comment

Wellington, NZ, to Tauranga. Gollum was excited to see my forest green Pilot on its first outing (apologies for the poor pic)

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg
Size:	615.2 KB
ID:	296061

Comment

In the last month for work I've taken the A45 to Thailand, Mongolia, Korea (transits in Beijing and Tokyo). I had a TB sighting (A30 or 45)yesterday as I was rushing to my gate at Narita. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and was about to stop to talk with the person. Nerves and rushing to the gate got the better of me. Next month we go to Malaysia.

Comment

On the way to Marco Island, FL last week.

Name:	wfRSW.jpg
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	296062

Comment

Working...
                                X