Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,657   Members: 6,660   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, frogmore.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A long-awaited family vacation for us, to Club Med Cherating, Malaysia. We went completely carry-on, with the two younger ones carrying their clothes in S19s, me and my S25, and A30s for my wife and helper.

We had one cabin-sized trolley for the special oldest daughter's things, for her adult diapers, just in case we needed to check-in luggage on our short one-hour propeller plane flight (we didn't).

It was a lovely time by the sea.

@mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

My Sidekick. Changing of the guards. Buckingham Palace. Fantastically, perfect bag for sightseeing in London. Seriously great bag. Not to big. My wife's big Pacsafe purse got searched at the British Museum. They just waved me through.

Last edited by SIM; 12-09-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SIM View Post
        My Sidekick. Changing of the guards. Buckingham Palace. Fantastically, perfect bag for sightseeing in London. Seriously great bag. Not to big. My wife's big Pacsafe purse got searched at the British Museum. They just waved me through.
        That's useful to know about the British Museum. Thank you for sharing!
        A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Comment

Starting our fifth and last full day in London. Sidekick has been absolutely perfect. It carries all my necessities.

Comment

Thanks for the photos and tips! So looking forward to London. I rigged up something similar to what you showed earlier with a Slidelock for my Side Kick, though because it is ballistic and not as bendy, it needed an extra piece to make it work.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
              Thanks for the photos and tips! So looking forward to London. I rigged up something similar to what you showed earlier with a Slidelock for my Side Kick, though because it is ballistic and not as bendy, it needed an extra piece to make it work.
              The bendiness might be my only incredibly minor nit. Very comfortable because it conforms, but at times it's a challenge to get my iPhone 7 with the Apple silicone case in my preferred internal pocket. Might have to give the ballistic variant a try.

London is truly an amazing city. So much happening.

Comment

I think you need to post your man bag side kick photos on the side kick thread. I think your photos show that the side kick looks perfectly manly when carried by a man.

Comment

That man bag photo is motivating. Looking at a SK now... :-)
                  Today is a good day for a good day!

Comment

Last London photo. Today is our travel day back home.

Photo 1: Sidekick at hotel breakfast.

Photo 2: Welcome home present from Minneapolis....and people asked us why we weren't going someplace warm in December. We did. [emoji41]

Comment

SIM, from a fellow Minneapolitan, it is very very cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
                        SIM, from a fellow Minneapolitan, it is very very cold.
                        Yup. Just got our car from off site parking and heading to the doggie spa. Pretty darned cold.

Comment

A few last photos from London.

Comment

My Pilot played in Palm Beach but alas I was working and snapped no pics?

Just too nerdy to try on this trip.

The Travel Tray was the only other Bihn in tow this time.

Comment

My Fjord PCBP went to Sao Paulo recently... the hotel windows are very cool (I had a lousy view on a low floor, but I got upgraded two room categories so I guess that was worth it.)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by turnleftbrighteyes; 12-13-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Can I do a "where DIDN'T your TB bag go lately" post, and whine about how I forgot my Travel Tray on this work trip? My hotel bathroom counter is such a mess right now!! ;)
                                "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Working...
                                X