Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,218   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnleftbrighteyes View Post
    My Fjord PCBP went to Sao Paulo recently... the hotel windows are very cool (I had a lousy view on a low floor, but I got upgraded two room categories so I guess that was worth it.)
    If that's a lousy view I'd like to see a good one! it's beautiful. :)

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrown View Post

We had one cabin-sized trolley for the special oldest daughter's things, for her adult diapers, just in case we needed to check-in luggage on our short one-hour propeller plane flight (we didn't).
      Thank you for mentioning needing to pack adult diapers. I got a lot of grief on this forum for mentioning that I needed to pack them for my husband. Much like tampons, they are a necessity to have with you. Much like shoes, they take up a lot of space in a carry on sized bag. This is a bag forum, and these are necessities that need to be packed.

I would like to repeat to anyone who is squeamish about this subject that there is no shame in needing adult diapers. If I had the choice of my darling husband dying of cancer, or being alive and incontinent due to the cancer procedures, I'll take the latter, please. And no, my husband does not mind me mentioning it. He is spreading the word about cancer screenings and being honest about the results people may experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
        Thank you for mentioning needing to pack adult diapers.
        It's a way of life for us now, as my oldest is still not fully toilet-trained on account of her autism. We deal with it the best we can, and never feel awkward about talking about it.

It does present packing challenges when we travel. But we manage somehow. The A45 is the bag we use most often for Faith's needs. As she gets older though, she can no longer share her belongings with our helper in one A45. Hence the extra cabin trolley.
        @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

@mrbrown

As a parent with 2 kids on the spectrum, I pretty much pack the kitchen sink when we travel to ease their transitions into new places, sights and sounds. It helps me focus on enjoying the experience with them :)

Comment

Originally posted by RDR3 View Post
            As a parent with 2 kids on the spectrum, I pretty much pack the kitchen sink when we travel to ease their transitions into new places, sights and sounds. It helps me focus on enjoying the experience with them :)
            Indeed. Fortunately for us, Faith just needs her iPod Touch and her supply of gummies and sour plums. Haha!
            @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Medical necessities should never feel like an embarrassment. I am glad this is being discussed openly! And that many of you have been enjoying family trips with TB accessories of late. We just got back from Sweden via Chicago. The combination of mini Yeoman Duffel and Daylight Briefcase worked well for me as carry-on baggage. Mini YD fits very nicely under the seat in front, and for several hours I had both bags in front of me to be able to reach snacks, iPad, etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-14 22.39.24.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	535.2 KB
ID:	300931

A45 taking care of my squash kit while I enjoy a (post win, 3-1 :D) pint of Adnams Ghost ship (great beer!)

Comment

WF and SK on the wing

My trusty Navy/Solar Western Flyer and my brand new Aubergine/Wasabi Side Kick went to Tucson. Here they are in the airport as I was heading home. Flying Pegasus would have been both more interesting and more comfortable than the regular airline: air to breathe and leg room! Sorry about the sideways picture...can't figure out how to fix it.

Name:	Tom Bihn in Tucson.JPG
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	300932
                  Do marsupials dream of perfect pouches?

Comment

My shop bag went to lunch with a friend and I.Click image for larger version

Name:	20161210_133947.jpeg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	300936

I put my shop bag on the floor. After lunch, I picked up my shop bag, put it over my shoulder and got wet all over. My shop bag has been sitting in at least an inch of water on the floor! Everything inside was dry.

Comment

I traveled recently to Japan (Tokyo and Osaka and a few other cities) using a S25 and A45. This was my first virgin trip using TB bags, and I was quite happy with them. While the A45 was quite roomy, it did force me to cut down abit on the "good-to-have" stuff, although i could still trim down my packing a bit more. This being the autumn season in Japan, the weather was a bit cold so the A45 was 10kgs (22lbs) on the outgoing flight and 12kgs (26 lbs - loaded with souvenir snacks) on the way back. I checked in the A45 on both flights and it came down the carousel none the worse for wear. Ordinarily, I would have travelled with a 29inch spinner, but the A45 was easier to maneuver on the move, could fit on the luggage racks of shinkansen and ordinary subway trains, and fit well in the smaller hotel rooms.

I had the S25 as my EDC for a while and don't usually pack it too full. For this trip, it did function rather well, and i did test the water resistance in a rainstorm (everything was dry inside). The flex back panel design allowed the main compartment to "flex out" and accommodate more stuff in the main compartment when needed (laptop, camera and Bose earphones). The stretch pocket in the main compartment was especially useful for storing loose stuff that I didnt put in the outside pockets.

I carried the S25 on my back, and used the absolute shoulder strap or carried the A45 by the handle. Upon coming back, I ordered a Pilot, and will try out a A45 backpack carry with Pilot on the Absolute strap on the next trip.

Thanks MrBrown for introducing us Singaporeans to TB bags via his blog!

Name:	2016-12-06 10.14.43.jpg
Size:	662.0 KB
ID:	300937

The A45 on the Shinkansen top luggage rack. This meant i didnt have to leave any spinners at the back of the carriage! The width of the A45 was just nice for the width of the luggage racks for Japanese trains. I wondered if Tom Bihn had the exact measurement in mind when he designed the A45!

Name:	2016-12-07 09.37.21.jpg
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	300938

S25 Black Halcyon with A45 Black Ballistic ready for the move from Hakone to Tokyo hotels!

Comment

Where did your TB bag go lately

Originally posted by phelan View Post
                        Thanks MrBrown for introducing us Singaporeans to TB bags via his blog!
                        I am always happy to share good stuff :)

Happy travels!

Comment

Little Swift goes to Hong Kong (and eats lots of dim sum):

Name:	little_swift_hong_kong.JPG
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	300968

Here's my small travel tray serving as a seat pocket on the long flight, with the western flyer under the seat.

Name:	travel_tray.jpg
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	300969

Comment

Here is my PCSB in fjord hanging out near a velociraptor den (aka Moreton Bay Fig trees) at Allerton Gardens on Kauai (Hawaii).

Name:	TBkauai.jpg
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	300970

Comment

^^beautiful. wow.

Comment

I can go anywhere in time and space with my Side Kick.

Name:	TARDIS.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	300971

@ Doctor Who North America in Camby, Indiana
                                Last edited by BWeaves; 12-28-2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X