Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,181   Members: 6,708   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, drkrokr.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DLBP took me to the Fairchild Botanical & Tropical Garden.

Inside the DLBP is a sweater (because I had room), water bottle (hydro flask wide mouth 16 oz) and Side Kick:

Last edited by Walker; 01-01-2017, 03:06 PM.

Comment

My SA made it to Antarctica

I posted some time ago about packing my brand new Hero's Journey for a trip to Antarctica. Sadly, it didn't end up making the cut on luggage weight / dimensions, so my Smart Alec made the trip instead, and has been providing sterling service toting my portable 'office' around the base.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170103-IMG_2640.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	520.2 KB
ID:	300991

Comment

White grid Nordic/Solar S25, Verde/UV SK and Solar medium YSS at IAH on Sunday.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	957.1 KB
ID:	300994

Comment

Enjoying a complimentary latte outside my local supermarket with my trusty Synapse 19 and Large Shop Bag :)

Name:	IMG_0918.jpg
Size:	910.5 KB
ID:	301025

Comment

It was "freeze your face off" cold outside the Halifax Farmers Market early this morning... but augh!! The clear air and the sun! So beautiful. There are Brussels sprouts waiting to be roasted in the large nordic shop bag and a pen wrap peeking out in the corner outside pocket on the aubergine PU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
              Enjoying a complimentary latte outside my local supermarket with my trusty Synapse 19 and Large Shop Bag :)
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17359[/ATTACH]
              @ceepee Where did you buy the mug and is it leakproof?
              Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

@LordBute originally they were a Kickstarter project but that one I got from Amazon UK. They're not leakproof though. Made of silicone so they collapse, getting the cap on when it's full takes a bit of a knack.

Comment

Some of my Bihn bags at Disney's Wilderness Lodge this week [emoji173]

(Large Shop Bags in UV Halcyon and Original Halcyon)

(MCB in Navy and SCB in Original Halcyon)

Last edited by eliza; 01-14-2017, 01:20 PM.

Comment

The wife and I are on a 9-day trip to Japan, our first trip without the kids in four years. It's also our twentieth year of marriage.

She is toting the A45 and a DLBP inside, and I'm carrying my A30 and S19. Quite challenging with full winter gear but we made it work.

It's -6°C here in Karuizawa, our first stop, and it's snowing and windy. Glorious for skiing at Mount Yagasaki, and visiting the beautiful "Swan Lake" pond.

It is only our first two days here so far but it's been a blast.

@mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 2.30.34 PM.png
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	301035

Side kick visited Club 33 on Saturday. He highly recommends Shrimp Louis and Crab Cakes.

Comment

SK and DLBP had a nice visit with Marjory Stoneman Douglas at the Fairchild Tropical & Botanical Garden.

Last edited by Walker; 01-21-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I had to pick up a Paddington Bear from Paddington Station. Here he is, at home in my Daylight backpack. The Daylight and Paddington were my constant companions in London, on trains, beaches, pubs, theaters, museums. Best day bag ever!

Name:	IMG_4737.JPG
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	301054

Comment

My wife and I went on a short trip to Edinburgh this weekend, it was a quick flight for us and I wanted to travel light. I used the Pilot to store clothes, toiletries, cables/chargers and my DLBC. I brought the DLBC along for the journey as it is lighter and easier to carry around when exploring the city and its many museums.

Overall the combination of both bags worked out great and it was nice to travel light as the airline we chose has a strict one bag policy for cabin luggage.

Comment

Well, I haven't been any place exciting. This year will be full of emergency response exercises, their planning, and all their related training courses (both taking them and teaching them). So much so that I cannot take any vacation until October :-( I've been bringing work home almost every weekend so far, and today found me in a local Starbucks reading through about 200 pages of stuff on my iPad. I recently got a Burnt Orange Large Cafe Bag, and was using that today. I had owned a Navy LCB a few years back, but didn't like the floppiness so I sold it. Fast forward to now, and the available Freudian Slip, and I have a new opinion on this bag - love it!

Name:	TBLCB small.jpg
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	301058
                              Eat well, travel often.

Comment

The Wife and I continue our journey through Japan with our A30, A45, and DLBP and S19. After Karuizawa, we headed to Nikko, Yamagata and Iwate.

Here we are in Nikko, visiting Kegon Falls and the famous shrines.

This is Yamagata, where we visited the picturesque Ginzan Onsen and Mount Zao, home of the "Snow Monsters".

It was snowing and windy at the 1,661-metre peak of Mount Zao the day we were there. But we never worried about the things in our DLBP and S19 getting wet.

Last edited by mrbrown; 01-22-2017, 08:57 PM.
                                @mrbrown on Twitter, happy owner of a Black Original Halcyon A45, Navy and Burnt Orange A30s, Navy Tristar, Navy WF, Navy NFTD, Navy DLBC, Navy Pilot, Navy and Burnt Orange Co-Pilots, Navy, Burnt Orange, Nordic and Black Halcyon Side Effects, Burnt Orange, French Blue and Nordic Halcyon DLBPs, Linen SCB, Nordic Halycon S25, Nordic Halycon HsJ, Burnt Orange Maker's Bag, and Burnt Orange, Navy and Original Halcyon S19s (yes three, because they are THAT awesome).

Comment

Working...
                                X