Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,892   Posts: 192,226   Members: 6,767   Active Members: 367
Welcome to our newest member, TowelSea92.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did your TB bag go lately

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon
    replied
    Originally posted by winter View Post
    ... I used the Smart Alec and the Le Petit Derriere, which worked out so great! I was able to attach LPD to the Smart Alec to give the appearance of 2 bags so I could board the plane with just carryons!
    I LOVE this about the SA. I use my SK as my SA's UMP. 3 bags for the price of 2.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Nice hack winter !

Leave a comment:

• winter
    replied
    My Bihn bags and I just got back from an epic trip to Jordan and Israel! Here is a picture of my bags in the Istanbul lounge - I used the Smart Alec and the Le Petit Derriere, which worked out so great! I was able to attach LPD to the Smart Alec to give the appearance of 2 bags so I could board the plane with just carryons!

Leave a comment:

• Chicagoan
    replied
    Even though the weather outside felt like summer, we kicked off the fall season with our annual trip to the local apple orchard today, and the Co-Pilot continued to live up to its name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FA334E51-DD55-4CA0-8863-35162D607D3A.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	4.89 MB
ID:	342853

Name:	A53D38FC-32B8-4536-88DF-E5E3AEA9006F.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	342854

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    Originally posted by epeterson View Post
    Which size Eagle Creek packing folder is that, please?
    Size M. It just about fits into the large compartment of the WF.

I got a second one when it was announced that EC would go out of business. Here's a snapshot of the one I was using (with the red tag) and my backup (still shrink-wrapped).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5704.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.89 MB ID:	342805

Leave a comment:

• epeterson
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    I took my Western Flyer to Berlin, for a 2-day conference and a bit of tourism. The Everyday Cubelet got to attend the conference, in the iconic late-70s architecture ICC building, and the Grab Bag got to see a bit of Berlin (not the best weather, so only took a snapshot in the park behind Charlottenburg Palace).
    Which size Eagle Creek packing folder is that, please?

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied
    I took my Western Flyer to Berlin, for a 2-day conference and a bit of tourism. The Everyday Cubelet got to attend the conference, in the iconic late-70s architecture ICC building, and the Grab Bag got to see a bit of Berlin (not the best weather, so only took a snapshot in the park behind Charlottenburg Palace).

Name:	ec1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	342794

Name:	ec2.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	342795 Click image for larger version

Name:	ec3.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	342796 Click image for larger version

Name:	ec4.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	342797 Click image for larger version

Name:	gb.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	3.92 MB
ID:	342798 Click image for larger version

Name:	wf.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	342799

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    Finally took the kids glamping (camping but you sleep on the floor of a wooden pod). The kids had their own 28L Decathlon bags with their sleeping bags, mats, and clothes, and I had a Hero’s Journey and an Arctic Zone rolling cooler, which I pulled across several fields as it was a car-free trip and we followed public footpaths to get there from the train station.

It is probably annoying to say how much I like a bag that has been discontinued for several years, but sorry, I do. I was grateful that I could use the upper section of the bag inside out in backpack mode (the red bag in the second pic). It made it easy to hike a few miles with just a small load.

I worked SO HARD on my packing list for this trip because it was car-free and required a 4 mile walk just to get there. I might do another post on other aspects of the trip but for now I’ll just stick to the TB items.

Here is the pod with all our stuff in front of it:
    Glamping pod with bags

And here is a pile of accessories that kept me organized:
    TB accessories 8ncluding Travel Trays, PCSBs, and CQPCs

And here is what I took to the shower block. Water bottle, Spiff Kit and Snake Charmer, hanging on HeroClip:

Spiff kit, snake charmer and water bottle hanging on carabiner
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chicagoan
    replied
    My Co-Pilot and I enjoyed a night of car camping at a state park last Friday night (at Kohler-Andrae State Park in Wisconsin).

Name:	85CB8DD6-0335-4E45-9729-B3D7B91021C2.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	342402

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    My Icon stopped at a store to buy some samosas. She enjoyed looking at so many goodies she does not know how to use while waiting for a fresh batch of samosas to come out of the kitchen.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Was just being facetious moriond, sturbridge. I use the PUT as EDC to work. It carries a lot.

I pack lunch + EC (used as purse) + phone on top in the middle compartment; 20-oz zojirushi botle (water) + scarf in a TSS in one side compartment; 12-oz zojirushi bottle (coffee) + my dual compartment eyewear hard case in the other side compartment.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post

Your Pick-Up Truck must be bigger than mine :). I need the Truck for a picnic :).
    It depends on how many people you are packing for and how much you plan to take. sturbridge is very good at doing small packups. But it is entirely feasible to put everything you need into the Pick-Up Truck. For example, if you look at the pictures in my post from the Clear Quarter Packing Cube thread you'll see that I can fit a CQPC into the center of the Pick-Up Truck
    Solar CQPC in centre of Island Pick-Up Truck
    Earlier in that post I showed that the CQPC just fit into one of the (retired) Aether Packing Cubes for the Mini Yeoman Duffel. But in an earlier thread on The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes I posted pics of how I could use both the Mini and Small Yeoman Duffel packing cubes as lunch boxes.

Here's what I put into the Mini YD Aether Packing Cube (go to the linked post to see the pictures of this packed and zipped up -- also see the Small YD Packing Cube packup..
    Mini YD Packing Cube lunchbox contents
    That's not even using the entire center compartment of the Pick-Up truck or the side compartments. And the debut day video of the Pick-Up Truck showed a picnic packup.

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by sturbridge View Post
    Pickup Truck as picnic bag enjoying a swing concert at our local botanic garden.
    Your Pick-Up Truck must be bigger than mine :). I need the Truck for a picnic :).

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    Pickup Truck as picnic bag enjoying a swing concert at our local botanic garden. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2559.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	342356
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rangerjo
    replied
    Techonaut 45 and side kick on first trip. Domestic flight and happy it fit under the seat!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X