Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,630   Posts: 188,956   Members: 6,612   Active Members: 296
Thunder
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, Thunder.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does Dyneema get introduced as an option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does Dyneema get introduced as an option?

Hi,
    Apologies for my ignorance, but Ive fallen in love with the idea of a dyneema Co Pilot.
    I realise after looking at various piccys of dyneema Co Pilots and other bags, that it isnt an option on all bags.
    Are all bags released with this option, and kept if it is popular, or is it just a special edition?.
    I would really like a grey or black version (they both go nicely with purple), but dont know if its pointless
    pining for one, if Ive missed the boat.
    Thanks
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Others will chime in momentarily, but I can tell you that you won't see a fabric as an option UNTIL they actually offer it to purchase. Now, that could mean a pre-order, in which case when you select the color/fabric, it will say "(Available in October)" and whatnot, but it will be available for you to select and purchase. Once they sell out of a color/fabric, and they haven't scheduled when they will manufacture the next batch, that option is simply removed from the menu altogether.

What this means is that I highly suspect the Co-Pilot will again be available in Dyneema, but until you see it as a menu option, it's not orderable. You can always check the "back in stock" thread and see what's available.

Now, what makes things tricky is that some products have never been produced in Dyneema at all, and there isn't an easy way to differentiate between the two types when you just look at the ordering options.

Fortunately for you, there are people here who have eidetic memories who can tell you the history behind all the available colors and fabrics of all of the TB products, so you can ask, and someone will be able to provide info for you.

Oh, and welcome to Club Dyneema! The water's great here.

Comment

I was in the TB showroom today and there was one black Dyneema Co-Pilot. I am relatively new to TB and the forum, so don't know if it's possible to call TB and ask if you can order the one that might be lurking in the showroom. I have a Pilot, Western Flyer, and Medium Cafe Bag all in Dyneema. As Lani said, these are great bags. Love how they conform to your body, slide in and out of airline storage spaces, and can be over-stuffed in a pinch.

Comment

Yes, you can call to see if it is available in the store! So call right when they open! If it is available, they will give you instructions on ordering it online. Dyneema is awesome! I love it so much. Right now the only exterior available is black Dyneema. Sadly, Steel and Nordic retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
          Now, what makes things tricky is that some products have never been produced in Dyneema at all, and there isn't an easy way to differentiate between the two types when you just look at the ordering options.

Fortunately for you, there are people here who have eidetic memories who can tell you the history behind all the available colors and fabrics of all of the TB products, so you can ask, and someone will be able to provide info for you.
          You can look through the Wayback Machine, but that is cumbersome. I'm collecting past (via Wayback Machine) and present color data at TBColor, which is helpful for some people. But that doesn't answer questions like, "What's the deal with Nordic?", or, "Is Solar really gone?". Asking other forum members is helpful for understanding these kind of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa View Post
            Hi,
            Apologies for my ignorance, but Ive fallen in love with the idea of a dyneema Co Pilot.
            I realise after looking at various piccys of dyneema Co Pilots and other bags, that it isnt an option on all bags.
            Are all bags released with this option, and kept if it is popular, or is it just a special edition?.
            I would really like a grey or black version (they both go nicely with purple), but dont know if its pointless
            pining for one, if Ive missed the boat.
            Thanks
            Jaffa
            Hi Jaffa. When I asked about the Co-Pilot in dyneema om Twitter I got the answer:

"We will make the Co-Pilot in Black Dyneema again, but you probably won't see it until Fall..."

So I'm waiting for it and my wishlist of other things is growing as I'm waiting.
            Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

Thanks for your replies..Im very interested in the one black bag in the showroom, so will email. As its easier than ringing from the Uk.
              Now I just have to dream what the interior colour will be.
              Its good to know, that if that isnt an option, then all I have to wait til Fall, which cant be that far off, which month does fall start?
              Jaffa
              S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Comment

Club Dyneema is a good club....
                I blame the thread, packing for a week in a Co Pilot, its something I can aspire to....

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa View Post
                  Club Dyneema is a good club....
                  I blame the thread, packing for a week in a Co Pilot, its something I can aspire to....
                  I think it's doable, assuming a few things:

- No spare pairs of shoes; just go with the pair you're wearing
                  - Summertime, and you're willing to rinse/dry the clothes you wore that day, before you retire for the day. They will be dry to wear in two days' time
                  - Minimal toiletries
                  - Most likely use of just a smartphone and its charger, rather than carrying additional gadgets

Comment

I'm awaiting the return of Dyneema exteriors too - Co-Pilot and DLBP are on my list.... I suppose it's a good thing, it allows me to give my poor bank account a break while I wait!!
                    Swift (Plum/Forest), Synapse 25 (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Aeronaut 30 (Navy/NWS), Aeronaut 45 (Black Dyneema/Island), Side Effect (Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet), Co-Pilot (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Pilot (Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet])Small Cafe Bag (Black Dyneema/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Grey/Olive), Large Cafe Bag (Black Dyneema/Solar), Daylight Backpack (Black Dyneema), and assorted accessories and smaller items in lots of colors.

Comment

Working...
                    X