Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Synapse 19 or Synapse 15 fit a 32 oz. wide mouth Nalgene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the Synapse 19 or Synapse 15 fit a 32 oz. wide mouth Nalgene?

I'm curious if the Synapse 19/25 is capable of housing a standard 32 oz. wide mouth Nalgene in its front pouch? I saw in the video which advertises the two, a tall, skinny water bottle is fit inside with ease.

A 32-oz Nalgene wide mouth bottle will fit in the water bottle pocket of either bag, as long as the main compartment and side pockets aren't crammed full. I don't have a narrow-mouth to try, but I think even that one would be okay (with the same caveat about the other pockets).

Comment

These are some (rather poor quality) photos I took of a 32 oz wide mouth Nalgene in my Synapse 19 a couple years ago. The nalgene fit quite well into the center and lower pockets. Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	520.3 KB
ID:	297129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0695.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	647.0 KB
ID:	297130

Comment

Hi vyxl,
        it's funny you are asking this question as I tried to fit my 32 oz Nalgene bottle into my S25 just 2 days ago, and by a matter of fact, it did not fit in the bottle central pocket.
        To be more precise: yes, it fit as you can see on the previous pictures, but with some stuff on the side pockets or on the top pocket, it does not anymore; and I dont consider the side pockets to be over-stuffed (sunglasses cases, pens, ....phone on the top pocket....actually the usual). I think in terms of volume it fits, but the shape of the Nalgene bottle (a bit bulky) does not make it easy.
        So in the end I put the Nalgene bottle in the main compartment and put something else in the central pocket....

Comment

Working...
        X