Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,569   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, vihattechin.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Ego shoulder strap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question: is it possible to make the Q-AM strap easy to take off so you can quickly attach an Absolute Strap too?
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

Yes - the parts and solution are the same for the Q-AM strap and Absolute Strap (described earlier in this thread) - a pair of 1.5" Metal Snaphooks and a pair of 1.5" tri-glides. Remember to get the 1.5" Triangle Hooks to make the Ego compatible with the Shoulder Strap Snaphooks.

It is slightly harder to thread the short end of the Q-AM strap as the webbing is limited but is doable. Here is a picture of the Q-AM strap done this way and used on my Pilot:

Here is the link to the post on this:

Q-AM (Quick-Adjust Messenger) Strap

Hope this helps
      Cheers!
      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Over the past week, while I was away on a trip, the parts arrived from Tom Bihn.

Now, I just have to figure out how to remove the standard shoulder strap from my Super Ego and install the parts and the "absolute" shoulder strap.
        Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Standard strap removed from Super Ego; triangles installed, "absolute" shoulder strap snapped on.

Standard strap already recycled for other uses.

Many thanks.
          Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Thanks for to great idea! I successfully added the triangles to the Ego and easily attached the Absolute strap's snap hooks to the triangles! I also added snap hooks to the Q-AM strap with the tri-glide part so I can easily go between the two straps.

I think I'll be using the Absolute strap more than the Q-AM for now. I also removed the Ego's waist strap so there's less stuff dangling from the bag. Thanks again
            Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

Working...
            X