Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,766   Posts: 190,569   Members: 6,642   Active Members: 253
Welcome to our newest member, vihattechin.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLBP as packing cube inside Synapse 25?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLBP as packing cube inside Synapse 25?

This might be a stupid question but I'm wondering if the DLBP would fit inside the S25 as a packing cube if not stuffed to the gills. The dimensions and overall shape make it appear possible but...

Not a stupid question at all!
    I've practice packed a DLBP in a Smart Alec and it worked. Kind of have to smash it down a bit, but it's worth it to have a Daylight backpack to travel with.
    Also, when I one bagged with a Synapse 25 I used an Aeronaut packing cube backpack. Neither is ideal, packing cube wise, but it's not the end of the world.

Comment

Thanks so much! I was thinking of two Tri-Star medium packing cubes or one Aeronaut 30 large packing cube but I'm also interested in the DLBP and the dimensions aren't that far off width wise and only a few extra inches tall. It seems like a good idea, at least in theory!

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
      Not a stupid question at all!
      I've practice packed a DLBP in a Smart Alec and it worked. Kind of have to smash it down a bit, but it's worth it to have a Daylight backpack to travel with.
      Also, when I one bagged with a Synapse 25 I used an Aeronaut packing cube backpack. Neither is ideal, packing cube wise, but it's not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelgmccoy View Post
        Thanks so much! I was thinking of two Tri-Star medium packing cubes or one Aeronaut 30 large packing cube but I'm also interested in the DLBP and the dimensions aren't that far off width wise and only a few extra inches tall. It seems like a good idea, at least in theory!
        OK. I just slipped the DLBP into my Synapse 25, which I was too lazy to do yesterday, and it fits in the main compartment with room to spare. You don't even have to squish it down! Also, if you just want to go with packing cubes, you can roll the Daylight up and it won't take up much space.
        I have a Dyneema Daylight backpack, and I'm a HUGE fan of it.

Comment

OK. I just slipped the DLBP into my Synapse 25, which I was too lazy to do yesterday, and it fits in the main compartment with room to spare. You don't even have to squish it down! Also, if you just want to go with packing cubes, you can roll the Daylight up and it won't take up much space.
          I'm glad to know this! I'm sure it will be useful.

Comment

Wow! Thanks SO much for that! The forums here are so great and everyone is so helpful. I got my first Tom Bihn back in July and I've become so addicted

Thanks for going to the trouble to do that!

Comment

Working...
            X