Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,428   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 342
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snake Charmer in Brain Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake Charmer in Brain Bag?

This is going to sound silly, but I've never seen a Brain Bag or a Snake Charmer in person.

No plans final yet, but eventually I'm going to get a Brain Bag. It suits my EDC (Every-Day Carry) needs. I'd also like to get a Snake Charmer to go with the Brain Bag. (I may be hauling a laptop and/or a tablet) I'd like to know which compartments/pockets of the Brain Bag the Snake Charmer will fit into. Can someone show me?
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

The snake charmer will fit perfectly above a brain cell in the brain bag.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Comment

The BB was my EDC for about 10 years. The perfect loadout for a weekend trip with a laptop was with a vertical Brain Cell in back with an A45 large Packing Cube in front and the Snake Charmer on top in front or back. The curve of the SC fits the top of the BB perfectly. Phone, pens, flashlight and smaller stuff goes in the two outside compartments. Fit's under airline seat in front of you if not overstuffed. For daily, same thing except instead of packing cube; lunch, coat, etc.
      [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Snake Charmer, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells)
      - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
      - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
      - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
      - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect
      ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."

Comment

Also never having seen either in person, and not knowing how they attach, I'm curious if the Snake Charmer fits above a Cache in the BB in the same way it fits above the Brain Cell.

Comment

Originally posted by benh View Post
          Also never having seen either in person, and not knowing how they attach, I'm curious if the Snake Charmer fits above a Cache in the BB in the same way it fits above the Brain Cell.
          The snake charmer does not attach, it perches perfectly on the brain cell and fills the half round section at the top of the brain bag.
          When in trouble, obfuscate.

Comment

Ah, ok, that makes sense. Thanks. So, perhaps not as ideal on top of a cache, because it'd fall off.

It would be really neat to be able to attach the Snake Charmer to the inside top of the Brain Bag in some fashion. I have this vision of a Snake Charmer on Cache-like rails so that I can get to my cables easily, but it remains attached and more or less in place when not actively needed.

As long as I'm at it with theoretical modifications to a bag I've never actually seen or used, I think it might be useful to have Rail Loops on both the front AND back of each Brain Bag compartment. That way, one could carry two Caches in one compartment, perhaps for two laptops, or a laptop and an iPad.

Comment

May I know with which size of brain cell that the snake charmer will fit nicely. Since I've got the BB with a size 1 vertical brain cell and I don't think the SC will have any space on top of this brain cell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X