Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,679   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pouch do I want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which pouch do I want?

Hi folks - I'm waiting the Spiff Deluxe to come back in stock, but I'm doing a bit of forward planning. I have a beard trimmer, plus accessories, that I want to get a pouch for. I don't need to take it with me every day, so it doesn't need to go in the Spiff Deluxe, and now I'm wondering what pouch it'll fit into. It's about 7 inches long, so almost all of the medium sized pouches would fit it length-wise, but I'm concerned that the medium may not be deep enough for it. Do they expand out to a decent size? Or should I just 'size up' to a 3D mesh cube?
    Medium Cafe Bag; Synapse 25; Aeronaut 45; Maker's Bag

Here is my hubby's beard trimmer (for comparison, his measures 6").

1st, small OP .... Barely fits and difficult to remove

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	297955

2nd, medium OP .... More than enough room

Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	297956

3rd, I used a clear 3D cube because you can't see the trimmer when I photographed the mesh 3D cube....

Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	297957

Hope these pics help!
    🐝➰

Comment

Wow! Thanks! That does help - you were on that! Looks like I want a 3D cube, just enough space to fit the trimmer and some of the guiding combs for it. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCatTim View Post
        Hi folks - I'm waiting the Spiff Deluxe to come back in stock, but I'm doing a bit of forward planning. I have a beard trimmer, plus accessories, that I want to get a pouch for. I don't need to take it with me every day, so it doesn't need to go in the Spiff Deluxe, and now I'm wondering what pouch it'll fit into. It's about 7 inches long, so almost all of the medium sized pouches would fit it length-wise, but I'm concerned that the medium may not be deep enough for it. Do they expand out to a decent size? Or should I just 'size up' to a 3D mesh cube?
        @CrazyCatTim, How do you want to carry your beard trimmer, and what depth do you need? The 3D cubes are just about 7" long exactly: 7" x 4.3" x 2" / 180 x 110 x 50 mm. One option would be to use a Size #2 (Small) Travel Stuff Sack:
        • External Dimensions - 7.5" tall x 5.2" x 3.5" / 190 x 130 x 90 mm
        • Weight: 1.1 oz / 30 grams
        • Volume: 125 cubic inches / 2.0 liters

Another option would be to use the Second Aid Pouch, which is sized like a Side Effect (so longer than a 3D cube, if the 7" length fit is tight), but with handles:
        • Dimensions: 8.3” x 4.9” x 2.2” / 210 x 125 x 50 mm
        • Weight: 4.2 oz / 120 grams
        • Volume: 90 cubic inches / 1.6 quarts / 1.5 liters (ASTM Standard Measure)

Or, you could use a Medium Size Organizer Pouch, which is generally larger than your spec'd length (by more than the dimensions given above), but I don't know about the depth of your item. The Medium Yarn Stuff Sack would also probably work, though it's not as tall as the size 2 Travel Stuff Sack at 6" tall x 6.25" diameter / 150 x 160 mm), but it's wider, and has an attached clip, so you'd likely be able to fit your item in it, too. A little hard to make these judgements, since I don't know the specs of a beard trimmer! FWIW, my inclination, with no real knowledge beyond the specs you posted, would be to go for a travel stuff sack, followed by a second aid pouch if you need more space and depth, and general flexibility of storing other items. But, I'm pretty ignorant about the other requirements you have.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Oops, ignore my post, since @Melissa provided better information, and clearly knows about beard trimmers! Also, I took the 7" length you gave seriously, since the external dimension of the 3D cubes is exactly 7", so that could have made the difference between fitting and not fitting.
        Last edited by moriond; 12-06-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I *think* it'll fit in a 3D cube, as I did a really rough measure, and it seemed like 7" was close enough to what I was looking at. It seems to be slightly under 7", so I think it'll fit. The Travel Stuff Sack may also work as well.

Comment

In the case Melissa gave, where the beard trimmer was 6" long, a size #1 (mini) Travel Stuff Sack would have worked. (External Dimensions - 6.3" tall x 3.8" x 2.6" / 160 x 100 x 65 mm). We tend to answer conservatively, based on the actual specs that people put into their questions, unless we have independent other information. YMMV.

moriond

Comment

Two more options for you....

The size 1 travel stuff sack

Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	297958

And the travel tray....