Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,681   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Maker's Bag Pocket Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto still does use tokens, at least they were in October. Some of the surrounding areas still have tickets. They're switching over to a card system. My family is mostly in Mississauga. Missisauga has had Presto for a while, but also still have tickets and take cash fares.

https://www.prestocard.ca
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
      Two questions for folks with MB + FS:

1. Is it the case the the MB-FS has the same 4 narrow pockets inside? I saw a picture on Ravelry (@moriond, did you see it?) where it looked like the MB-FS pockets are the same as the MB zipped exterior that I have not found useful. The advantage I see is that the two pockets are split into 2 zip compartments, so I'd still get the effect of having a bigger pocket.

2. Can I put the SCB-FS in the MB? Specs-wise, it seems like it would work. Anybody with both the MB and the SCB-FS who could post a picture, that'd be fantastic. Contemplating how I could get the most use of one FS.
      Q 1: The larger of the split pockets is about 3.5" while the narrower is nearly 3". The width of the MB zipped compartment sub-pockets is 3". The length of both types of pockets is the same, ie over 5".

Q 2: Here are some pics

Neither fit in the zipped pocket

Both fit in the main compartment

SCB FS fits just right in the back zipped pocket but not the MCBFS

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
        Q 1: The larger of the split pockets is about 3.5" while the narrower is nearly 3". The width of the MB zipped compartment sub-pockets is 3". The length of both types of pockets is the same, ie over 5".
        Wait a minute!! Sorry for the wrong info. The MB sub-pockets are a bit over 6.5" long. The MBFS ones are a bit over 5".

I knew something was wrong just now when I found it much easier to get my phone out of the FS than the MB >__<

Comment

My sunglasses and iphone 4 fit the front 4 pockets but sadly not my checkbook - with or without cover. I'll have to check if any of my knitting tool pouches fit since none of my mini OPs do (where I currently stash my small stuff).

Just might take out the center seam to make a single pocket. Then it will fit my molskine and or my checkbook.

But first I have to sit with Navy/Wasabi a bit to make sure that I should not have gotten Aubergine to match my Swift.

Comment

I did, however, manage to fit a change of clothes in the back zipper pocket. :0

Comment

I noticed that the description of the MB references some of the pockets being room for things to come...I wonder if that is a hint about new organizers that may be debuting after the first of the year...:-)

ETA "ready for what comes next"..,
              Last edited by Grandcache; 12-14-2015, 05:13 PM.
              Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandcache View Post
                I noticed that the description of the MB references some of the pockets being room for things to come...I wonder if that is a hint about new organizers that may be debuting after the first of the year...:-)

ETA "ready for what comes next"..,
                Good catch! Can't wait for the next set of new products.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsteve View Post
                  Not to go off on a tangent, but does Toronto really still use transit tokens instead of some sort of mag stripe card / other tech based fare system?

Best Regards, Steve
                  yep, we still use transit tokens. Many of the streetcars still use the same pay box they had in the 1950s. They've been teasing us with promises of a fancy smart card, but so far it is only available at some streetcars and subway stations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by giantsteve View Post
                    ... does Toronto really still use transit tokens instead of some sort of mag stripe card / other tech based fare system?

Best Regards, Steve
                    As @peregrina and @jaon posted earlier, Toronto still uses tokens, tickets and pass cards (no reader). Toronto transit suffers from politics and analysis paralysis - e.g. we have been waiting decades for subways extensions but have been delayed by the debates on LRTs on roads vs subways / political fun and now streetcars that we ordered not arriving on time! So, while new card reader technology is available, getting it is hard!

Cheers!
                    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Seems to me that in the next batch, this could be easily remedied by leaving out the sticking so as to make two of the pockets into one larger. So far I have only stuck pens into those pockets. Really do think it is a great bag overall!

Comment

Sometimes I wish we could hear from Darcy about the thinking behind some of the design elements people struggle with. So much thought and time goes into each design! I know there's a reason for each aspect of a bag and the bags are "field tested". So when I read comments that are a little critical, I wonder if we're missing a great idea! My only wish for the MB (apart from more stereotypical girlie colors) is the back outer drop in pocket. But there are many comments about the interior pocket sizes. (Remember, it's stated purpose is a craft bag, not a laptop bag. So there is that...)

Comment

I was just as disappointed when I first saw those pockets myself. I actually took out my seam ripper with the intent of taking out seams 1 and 3 to make 2 large pockets instead of the 4. Then I realized that the 2 seams I wanted to take out also make the pockets on the main compartment's front side. So I did not take out the seams.

After today, I am happy that I did not take out those seams.

Today, I used my MB as a camera bag. Those pockets are perfect for carrying my camera's batteries (I carry 2 spares). They stack perfectly. I used to carry the batteries in a padded mini OP.

Earlier in the week, I had put a flat comb in one of these pockets. I forgot about it. When I needed one of the batteries, I found the comb - I put the batteries in same pocket where I had put the comb.

I think those pockets and I will become friends over time.
                          Last edited by Walker; 12-15-2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I've been carrying my MB to work.. it's a great office bag if you don't have to carry anything that looks like a handbag. (Fortunately, people are too busy to care in my firm!!) I've been using one of the pockets to store my security card. Because I live in fear of accidentally pulling it out and dropping it while fishing out other items, I've begun to make it a point to cram it into one of the deep front pockets after clearing building security on the way out. I feel safe now!

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
                              I've been carrying my MB to work.. it's a great office bag if you don't have to carry anything that looks like a handbag. (Fortunately, people are too busy to care in my firm!!) I've been using one of the pockets to store my security card. Because I live in fear of accidentally pulling it out and dropping it while fishing out other items, I've begun to make it a point to cram it into one of the deep front pockets after clearing building security on the way out. I feel safe now!
                              Consider ordering a Luggage Tag or using one for that purpose only, the Luggage Tag teethered to a Key Strap and secured to an O-ring is the way to go for any card which need to be scanned or shown then quickly put back in a bag to get on a public transport vehicule or a workplace as well as housing credit, ID, membership cards...

A Small OP or a COW can be the place for the less used cards, their biggest asset is to be able to be secured with a Key Strap to any EDC.

I do this and it has greatly alleviated the fear of losing important cards, making for more relaxed commutes and errands.

Comment

Working...
                              X