Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,528   Posts: 187,816   Members: 6,492   Active Members: 296
Welcome to our newest member, caw.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on bag to hold both, an iPad Pro and a MacBook Pro 15"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on bag to hold both, an iPad Pro and a MacBook Pro 15"

Hi all!

I've been trying to find a good small bag that could hold both, an iPad Pro and a MacBook Pro 15". Not too much else, perhaps a few pens and other small accessories. Any suggestions?

If anyone has pictures of their own setup holding similar gear, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Hi Cronus!

While I'm not in a position to provide pictures, I believe that the main compartment of the Cadet briefcase will nicely accommodate both a 15" MacBook Pro and the iPad Pro, each in a Cache.

The pens and other small accessories can be organized in the front pocket that has organizer pockets.

Hopefully someone with the items you describe can share some pictures!
    -m

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm actually really into the Founder's Briefcase, but it doesn't' seem to have a good place to hold an iPad in addition to the MBP.

Comment

I just put both in my new Makers bag. The bag says it goes to a 13" laptop but the 15" fits. In the picture, I obviously have it without a case but if your case isn't bulky you could use this bag. There is no padding at the bottom of Makers bag so you probably want some sort of a case. Doing this, you probably lose the inside side water bottle pockets.

The iPad pro is in a Tom Bihn iPad pro sized cache. It also fits in the Makers bag Freudian Slip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	297986

Name:	IMG_1432.JPG
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	297987

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
          Thanks for the info. I'm actually really into the Founder's Briefcase, but it doesn't' seem to have a good place to hold an iPad in addition to the MBP.
          There is a dedicated padded compartment for the 15" MBP and I would bet that the iPad Pro will fit in the zippered compartment used to stash a change go clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by tebnewyork View Post
            I just put both in my new Makers bag. The bag says it goes to a 13" laptop but the 15" fits. In the picture, I obviously have it without a case but if your case isn't bulky you could use this bag. There is no padding at the bottom of Makers bag so you probably want some sort of a case. Doing this, you probably lose the inside side water bottle pockets.

The iPad pro is in a Tom Bihn iPad pro sized cache. It also fits in the Makers bag Freudian Slip.
            Very cool, I was actually looking into this bag as well until I read that it wouldn't fit laptops larger than 13". Although I must admit, the 15" MBP makes it look somewhat awkwardly stretched.

Comment

No it was just the angle. However, the gap between the top and sides is a bit more pronounced and will not close up as much as with a 13" (hard to explain) when you pick up the bag to carry it. If I need to take my 15" anywhere I wouldn't hesitate to use the Makers bag but I don't need to take that computer out much.

Both laptop and iPad in the bag

Name:	image2.JPG
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	297988

Name:	image3.JPG
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	297989

Comment

The Smart Alec does a great job when I need to tote around my 15" Macbook Pro. It may be a bit bigger than what you're looking for, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus View Post
                  The Founder's Briefcase appears to be out of stock at the moment, but I think a Cache for the iPad Pro would easily fit in the middle of the bag. If you wanted it to be zipped in, get the middle compartment pouch and put the Cache in that. I regularly have my iPad Air2 in the option pocket without a cache, and I have no worries that it'll get damaged in there.

Although to be clear, are you talking about a retina MBP or one of the older ones? I don't know if the older, thicker ones with optical drives will fit in the Founder's Briefcase padded pocket. It might, but I don't have an older MBP to test it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone, this is all good info and the pics are great!

Yes, I am talking about the Retina models.

Comment

Working...
                    X