Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,679   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultrasuede shoulder strap wrap - Cut off old one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I use and love the ultrasuede shoulder strap wrap on my cafe bag. I'm just wondering, what does everyone else do with the old grippy plastic bit if they use the ultrasuede wrap?

I'm thinking of trying to cut it off but I'm not quite ready to deface a TB bag~! But I can't see every taking off the ultrasuede wrap, unless to put on another bag.

Curious...

I've cut off the plastic pad and thrown it away on all of my 10+ cafe bags. I've kept a few snipped pads in case they would come in handy for tasks around the house but haven't found an occasion to use them so far... So they went into the bin after a couple of months.

Comment

I have left mine (plastic grip pad) on the strap, pushed down on one end whilst using the ultrasude wrap. I can't bear to cut anything off a TB original unless it's a tag. I don't find it too uncomfortable or too unsightly. In fact, I hardly notice the plastic pad now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SNIP AWAY... I snip once across each cross piece. For what it is worth, I have never seen this as defacing... that would be something like, oh, doodling across the front flap or removing the buckle entirely and putting in a button-hole instead. Snipping the plastic piece is simply prepping the strap for TB cushiness.

Comment

Cut it off, but saved it for some future use.

Comment

Working...
          X