Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,741   Posts: 190,276   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cache for Surface Pro 4 and KB cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cache for Surface Pro 4 and KB cover?

Hey gang,
    I'm finally replacing my old laptop, and have placed my order for a Surface Pro 4 with keyboard cover. Now my only problem is which TB cache to order?

From the looks of the measurements, the cache for iPad Pro will fit, but I'm concerned it might be too tight. However, I'm afraid if I get the next one up (13" MacBook Pro Retina), it'll be too big to fit securely. Customer service was very responsive, and we narrowed it down to these two possibilities.

Does anyone have the SP4 with KB cover in a cache, and can advise from firsthand experience? Or better yet post a picture? I've only got one chance to get it right, as I'm coming back to the US next month for a visit, and will be able to pick it all up together.

Thanks for any help, fellow Bihnions!
    Chuck
    Synapse 25; Tri-Star w/FS; Aeronaut 45; Pilot; Small/Med Cafe Bags w/FS; Snake Charmers; Travel Trays; DLBC; DLBP; Side Effect; Side Kick; Empire Builder; Parental Unit
    (Caches; Stuff Sacks; Packing, Mesh & Clear Cubes; Passport & Organizer Pouches)
    -------------------------------------------------
    Proud to display "Tom Bihn -- Made in USA" no matter where I travel in the world!

Originally posted by AsiaChuck View Post
    Hey gang,
    I'm finally replacing my old laptop, and have placed my order for a Surface Pro 4 with keyboard cover. Now my only problem is which TB cache to order?

From the looks of the measurements, the cache for iPad Pro will fit, but I'm concerned it might be too tight. However, I'm afraid if I get the next one up (13" MacBook Pro Retina), it'll be too big to fit securely. Customer service was very responsive, and we narrowed it down to these two possibilities.

Does anyone have the SP4 with KB cover in a cache, and can advise from firsthand experience? Or better yet post a picture? I've only got one chance to get it right, as I'm coming back to the US next month for a visit, and will be able to pick it all up together.

Thanks for any help, fellow Bihnions!
    Chuck
    Hey Chuck you from Indonesia too?

Answering your question, the ipad pro is larger than the Surface, so if the pro fits the Surface will fit better.

Btw, which configuration did you get? I'm still choosing between the i5 and the m3. Buying it next year after all the bugs have been sorted out.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    Black/Northwest Sky Western Flyer

Comment

Just bought the m3 version of the Surface Pro 4. Haven't received it yet. If you want full desk top replacement, you might want a higher spec, particularly with 8gB of RAM. If you want a light, travel laptop that is fanless, the m3 low-end spec will probably suit you just fine for MS Office and the like.

Comment

I use a Surface Pro for work and actually love it. I use a docking station at my office, so use an external keyboard and large monitor, and it's just like using a regular computer. The portability on this thing is great.

Comment

That's good information, all. Thank you for taking time. Although, it's just made it harder to wait to get my hands on the new machine. I settled on the i5 version with the 512GB drive and the 16 GB of RAM. That should make it useful as my main machine for desktop work, as well as taking on the road, which I do frequently. I love the idea of having my main computer so portable, and having to make almost no compromises. And I ordered the docking station (Thanks, Lani!) as well, which should make it easy to transition.

Now just a few weeks to wait until I can head out and pick it up. It's almost as unbearable as waiting for my new TB stuff to arrive!
          Synapse 25; Tri-Star w/FS; Aeronaut 45; Pilot; Small/Med Cafe Bags w/FS; Snake Charmers; Travel Trays; DLBC; DLBP; Side Effect; Side Kick; Empire Builder; Parental Unit
          (Caches; Stuff Sacks; Packing, Mesh & Clear Cubes; Passport & Organizer Pouches)
          Proud to display "Tom Bihn -- Made in USA" no matter where I travel in the world!

Comment

Well gang, you were absolutely right... I got hold of the Surface Pro 4, and ordered the cache for the iPad Pro. It was a great fit. The Surface fits really well, and doesn't have a huge amount of room left over... but it has enough room to enter and exit easily, even with the KB cover attached. In fact, I can even leave the pen attached to the side if I'm careful.

Many thanks to the TB crew for their spot-on advice, and of course those of you who weighed in here. What a great community!
            BTW... the SP4 itself is a little beast of a machine. It's really quick, has an incredible screen, and is lightweight while still being powerful... kind of like me! :-)

Comment

Working...
            X