Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,318   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "we beg for the smaller Citizen Canine to come back"-thrrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "we beg for the smaller Citizen Canine to come back"-thrrad

Probably more than me feeling the old one looks perfect... The new one is just too big.

Anybody else out there wishing for the same?

Definitely! I bought a CC for my partner when it was still in version 1, but then wanted one for myself just as V1 was out of stock and being redesigned. I know all the reasons why V2 was redesigned so comprehensively and made so much bigger, but for me V1 was perfect and V2 is now just too bulky. If V1 were brought back I would certainly buy one.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Comment

I had the first version and, while I liked it, I felt it was just a little too small. I found it hard to grab small treats at the bottom of the bag.
      That said, I find the new version a bit too large.
      Maybe we need V3: just a bit bigger than V1 and smaller than V2.
      We could call it the Goldilocks bag: it fits just right, lol.

Comment

Thinking of "caving in" on the Citizen Canine - should I?

I was originally thinking that the new CC was too big.. But now i am thinking of just caving in and buying it even though it looks too bulky?

I need a bag for dog treats for dog obedience classes, and for everyday walks.

I still wish it had the old models size, but I guess you cannot get everything you want.

Help?

I see that there will be new releases really soon - should I wait and see?

Comment

Originally posted by luna View Post
          I need a bag for dog treats for dog obedience classes, and for everyday walks.
          I like the Citizen Canine for everyday walks. I use it almost every day. I carry:
          Zip pocket: my phone
          Main pocket: dog treats for my dog
          Flap pocket: extra dog biscuits to give to the off leash dogs we meet. It slows them down before they get to my over excited dog. Plus, a guardian light on a leash which I clip on the outside for night walks. When we go to the Vet I slip my credit card in here.
          On the strap is one of these to carry the filled poop bag.
          Amazon.com : Alcott Essentials Waste Carrier, Black : Pet Leash Collar And Harness Supplies : Pet Supplies

However, for me, the Citizen Canine is too big to wear to an obedience or agility dog training class. it would get in the way, and my dog would quickly learn "pouch = treats = obey" but "no pouch = no treats = I'll see you later after I go eat this rabbit poop"

For training I have a WIDE variety of pouches, but my favorite gear is a vest with lots of pockets. Low profile, looks like clothes, but I can carry treats, toys, phone, clicker, plastic lid for nose targeting, etc.

If I wear a pouch, I avoid Velcro because of the noise. A canvas work apron for carrying tools from Home Depot or Lowes or any big hardware store is great. Cheap and machine washable.
          The Home Depot Canvas Work Apron-HD324655 - The Home Depot

If you want the old size pouch, maybe a Doggone Good pouch? I have them and I like them.
          https://www.cleanrun.com/index.cfm?category=54

Let me know if you need other suggestions.
          What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Comment

K9TB, thanks for the laugh. My Oliver has the same thought process except it's deer not rabbit.
            Moose
            List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Comment

Bumping this thread as I would also like for the smaller sized CC to come back.

Comment

Working...
              X