Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,287   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLBC capacity (ipad + laptop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLBC capacity (ipad + laptop)

I'm looking for a small / lightweight bag that can hold an ipad pro, a 13-inch macbook pro, and some smaller everyday items (glasses, apple pencil, keys, phone, etc). I think the Daylight Briefcase (DLBC) looks potentially perfect... but can I fit both the ipad pro and a 13" laptop in it (both in their own cache)? If this is too small, what would be the next best option? The Maker's Bag or ?

It's worth noting that I will often be carrying some subset of this list of items. But it would be nice to have the option / ability to carry this much for those times when I need it all.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums, @psycling, and I hope someone has an answer for you. My guess is yes, assuming that your talking about the recent 13" Retina MacBook Pros, but I don't have one of the iPad Pros to check. Also, what type and size of phone do you have, since that affects where you're likely to want to store/access it.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
      Welcome to the forums, @psycling, and I hope someone has an answer for you. My guess is yes, assuming that your talking about the recent 13" Retina MacBook Pros, but I don't have one of the iPad Pros to check. Also, what type and size of phone do you have, since that affects where you're likely to want to store/access it.

moriond
      Thanks! So, yes, I'm talking about a 13" retina macbook pro. As for the phone, I'm using an iphone 6 plus. Storing the phone is more of a "nice to have" than a "required", as I often just keep it in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by psycling View Post
        I'm looking for a small / lightweight bag that can hold an ipad pro, a 13-inch macbook pro, and some smaller everyday items (glasses, apple pencil, keys, phone, etc). I think the Daylight Briefcase (DLBC) looks potentially perfect... but can I fit both the ipad pro and a 13" laptop in it (both in their own cache)? If this is too small, what would be the next best option? The Maker's Bag or ?

It's worth noting that I will often be carrying some subset of this list of items. But it would be nice to have the option / ability to carry this much for those times when I need it all.

Thanks!
        Hi psycling! I got a DLBC a couple of months ago and love it. I also have a 13" MacBook Pro Retina and an iPad 2. During a recent business meeting, I carried the MacBook in a cache attached to the rails, the iPad in the internal sleeve (not in a cache), my phone, my wallet, and a small personal care items kit in the outside zippered pocket. Everything fit perfectly with plenty of room to spare. It's worth noting that the DLBC only has one set of loops for the cache rail and there are no pen slots. Still, I think you'll be very happy with the DLBC.

The photo shows the MacBook in the cache (my iPad 2, in a slim case, fit easily in the cache with my laptop which is also in a plastic case), an iPhone 6+ in the front zippered divided pocket (fits easily!), the MacBook charger, and the personal item bag. My wallet and badges went in the front zippered slash pocket. My iPad isn't shown because I used it to take the picture.

Hope this helps.

All my best,

SPODA

Comment

Could a small water bottle fit with all that stuff? My gut says no, but just wanted to check.

Originally posted by SPODA View Post
          Hi psycling! I got a DLBC a couple of months ago and love it. I also have a 13" MacBook Pro Retina and an iPad 2. During a recent business meeting, I carried the MacBook in a cache attached to the rails, the iPad in the internal sleeve (not in a cache), my phone, my wallet, and a small personal care items kit in the outside zippered pocket. Everything fit perfectly with plenty of room to spare. It's worth noting that the DLBC only has one set of loops for the cache rail and there are no pen slots. Still, I think you'll be very happy with the DLBC. [ATTACH=CONFIG]14942[/ATTACH]

The photo shows the MacBook in the cache (my iPad 2, in a slim case, fit easily in the cache with my laptop which is also in a plastic case), an iPhone 6+ in the front zippered divided pocket (fits easily!), the MacBook charger, and the personal item bag. My wallet and badges went in the front zippered slash pocket. My iPad isn't shown because I used it to take the picture.

Hope this helps.

All my best,

SPODA

Comment

Working...
          X