Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiff Kit uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiff Kit uses?

Hi all. I've been contemplating the Spiff Kit for a while - probably the smaller one, but not ruling out the bigger one, either. I don't need it for toiletries, as I am extremely low maintenance and all my toiletry needs, even for a three week trip, are covered by my 3D clear organizer cube and I've got no desire to change that at this time.

But for some reason I am slightly obsessed with the Spiff Kit, even though I probably don't need one.

So, if anyone is using it for purposes other than toiletries, how are you using it? Bonus points for pictures, and double bonus points if you use it for purposes related to knitting, journaling, or organizing your traveling office.

I saw some posts about a year ago, but was wondering about new ideas, reflections on how those ideas may have worked out, etc.

Thanks!

I use it as a Side Effect (I call it a Spiff Effect). It houses a bunch of pens, Hobonichi Weeks, iPhone. It can hold a Kindle, too. What I love is the handles.
    I take it to work every day. Spiff Kit + book = all the things I need to keep me occupied while I'm waiting for my cues.

sorry, no pics yet. I think I've posted some before, though, if your search-fu is working.

Comment

I use one as a pencil-stationary case:

And I actually use the same size though different color as my travel toiletry kid.

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

There are other ideas, too, on this thread. See other uses starting at post #4.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far - I had seen that thread (it's the one I referred to in my original post), but since it's over a year old I was wondering whether there might be some new ideas!

Comment

I am also thinking about getting a spliff kit, probably the largest size. I plan to use it as a toiletry kit but I like the idea of other uses. Would love to see more photos of anyone else uses it differently.

One thing I have become confused about following different threads: Does anyone know if this is being redesigned?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirri View Post
              I am also thinking about getting a spliff kit, probably the largest size. I plan to use it as a toiletry kit but I like the idea of other uses. Would love to see more photos of anyone else uses it differently.

One thing I have become confused about following different threads: Does anyone know if this is being redesigned?
              Yes the deluxe is being redesigned, should be out soon.

Comment

Uh, I think a spliff kit is something else. Is that like where you keep your rolling papers?

Comment

Originally posted by imahawki View Post
                  Uh, I think a spliff kit is something else. Is that like where you keep your rolling papers?
                  Oops! :-) you're right. I think I might have been influenced by the area I live in - known as the rainbow region for its alternative colourfulness!

Comment

Does anybody know if the Deluxe Spiff would fit in the outside bottom pocket of the S25 height wise? Thanks.
                    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Comment

Tee hee. I wasn't going to bring it up, as I figured it was a typo, but it gave me a giggle.

Originally posted by imahawki View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X