Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,319   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove pouch snaphooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove pouch snaphooks?

On the TB organiser pouch page it says, ".. plastic snaphook on the pouch or break it off."

I feel a bit silly, but I've never understood if this means permanently break it if, or take it off and put it back later. It seems like it could be pried off the ball part, but I'm not sure. Can anyone advise?

I'd like to remove a few snap hooks but I'm not sure about never putting them back!

Hmmm the ones I have removed I went for permanently. But now that you mention it I am not sure if that was nessesary. They would at some point have to pot the snappy part on the bally part so maybe there is a way to ory that of in a non-permanent way.

Interesting question, I will experiment with this a bit.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

My unrelated concern is whether I will prematurely break the snaphooks if I keep changing pouches between bags ? Or are they best clipped on and left untouched as much as possible ? The snaphooks seem quite delicate but perhaps appearances are deceiving.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        My unrelated concern is whether I will prematurely break the snaphooks if I keep changing pouches between bags? Or are they best clipped on and left untouched as much as possible? The snaphooks seem quite delicate but perhaps appearances are deceiving.
        I remove my keys from the snaphooks all the time, have been for about a year now, they're fine. They seem quite robust.
        I love my Burnt Orange Medium Cafe Bag, Black MCB, and Azure LCB.
        The Preciouses: A45 in black/zest, (original) Yeoman Duffel in verde, Mini Yeoman Duffel in Burnt Orange, the S19 in black/ultraviolet, and the MB in black/northwest sky; Shop Bags in zest, monarch, sitka, fjord, and island.

Comment

Excellent - thank you - just what I want to hear!

Comment

Oh they are quite robust. Like Kshni I open and close them all the time and the one for my carkey is in use constantly for nearly two years now.

Ilkyway
            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
              Hmmm the ones I have removed I went for permanently. But now that you mention it I am not sure if that was nessesary. They would at some point have to pot the snappy part on the bally part so maybe there is a way to ory that of in a non-permanent way.

Interesting question, I will experiment with this a bit.

Ilkyway
              Yup, you can do it. Unless you pry the section holding the remove the ball/hook part open so hard that you deform the plastic, you can snap the ball back in with a bit (or is it a lot :S) of effort. Just pry the 2 ball holding sections apart enough for you to slip the ball back in. I did it with one of my pouches a while back after realising I preferred having the snap-hook.

Comment

After about three years of using my key strap on my keys the snap hook gave out. Maybe I was too rough with it, but at least I have a back up. Now to figure out which dyneema one I want to replace it with NWS or steel.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I will give it a try as I'd like a couple of mt pouches without hooks. At least for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X