Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,605   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Freudian Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Freudian Fantasy

Bihnions, I need help. I have picked out my preferred travel bag, the A30. But the search for the perfect "personal item" continues. I'm a big fan of my SCB and MCB, but they're both a bit small for work travel needs. So I'm thinking of getting a LCB and using an MCB FS inside it, along with my SE, 12 oz Hyrdoflask wide mouth, and a Small q-kit and other items.

Then, because that's not enough for me for some reason, I'm also thinking of getting a SSB to roll up in my A30, unpack at my destination, slip my MCB SE into the SSB with above mention Qkit, Hyrdoflask, and SE, and go to work looking slightly more professional than backpacker-ish. I will not ask if I'm over-thinking this (we all know I am) but will instead ask if I can expect a MCB FS to fit into either a SSB or LSB with relative ease.

(The reason for an LCB is to have a personal carry whose cover can be secured/closed en route. Don't want my passport falling out on the airplane floor!)

Has anyone tried any Freudian Slips with either size of the Shop Bags? What results did you get?

Hi UpToNoGood,

You're not overthinking it at all!

Here is a picture of a Small Shop Bag with a Medium Cafe Bag Freudian Slip, a Side Effect, a Q-Kit and a water bottle inside (sorry, I don't have a Hydroflask) -- and lots of room to spare.

By the way, I love your name!
    Attached Files
    -m

Comment

Maverick,

You've nailed it! That's exactly how it looked in my head. Great photo! Now the only downside is I'm sprinting for my credit card. Somebody stop me, please!

Comment

I'd like to add that Maverick has the SSB turned inside out, which many of us do. that allows for the pockets to be used without tying up the inner "real estate". the water bottle doesn't need to tie up the real estate either, since it can go into the pocket - if desired.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good eyes, marytattoo, and a good tip in the inside out option. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
            I'd like to add that Maverick has the SSB turned inside out, which many of us do. that allows for the pockets to be used without tying up the inner "real estate". the water bottle doesn't need to tie up the real estate either, since it can go into the pocket - if desired.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
            I didn't know this tip either. Now the SSB is on my wish list, but may be off my wish list soon. That buy button is going to tempt me so much!
            Follow me on Twitter or Instagram @moongooseryan

Comment

Originally posted by LilAve View Post
              I didn't know this tip either. Now the SSB is on my wish list, but may be off my wish list soon. That buy button is going to tempt me so much!
              Be careful. They tend to multiply.

Comment

Working...
              X