Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cache REALLY tight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache REALLY tight

I have a brand new Synapse 25 that I began using this week. (Love it so far!) With it, I ordered a Cache to fit my 15" MacBook Pro Retina. I was on my way out to the airport this morning and tried to use the Cache for the first time. Man, was it tight! I could barely get it halfway in the cache. I disconnected the Cache and pulled it out to try, and it's still extremely tight — like it's not wide enough.

Is this normal? Does it eventually stretch out after I fight it long enough?

In the end, for today's trip, I stuck my laptop into a regular neoprene case, shoved it in the Synapse, and headed out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's weird and not good! I too have a 15" MBPr.... do you have a thin protective case on yours or anything like that?

Regardless, [email protected] and we can work together to figure out a solution, because we definitely want you to have a Cache that works.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

I do have the top half only of a case on it but I doubt it adds more than about a 16th inch to the thickness. I'll take it off and try the cache again when I get home Monday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick update: I think the cache is going to be alright after working with it a bit. I pulled the cover off the top which helped a little but left it still snug. Then I stuffed my hands in there and gave a good "umph!" and stretched the cache a bit, and it seems a bit better now. I'm hoping with continued use it will stretch a bit more.

Comment

Working...
        X