Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,313   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, driph.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deciding on EDC bag.. looking at the synapse 25 and 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deciding on EDC bag.. looking at the synapse 25 and 19

I'm 5'5" and 145lbs with a wide upper back, but slim torso. I'm deciding between the S19 and S25. Other than being my edc bag, I will also bring this bag as my daypack for traveling and short day hikes.

Here's what I carry every single day:
    - Gym shoes (fairly bulky/heavy lifting shoes Nike Romaleos)
    - Knee sleeves
    - Shorts, socks, compression shorts, tank top, t-shirt
    - Small umbrella
    - Water bottle
    - Wallet
    - Cell phone charger
    - External Battery charger
    - Pack of gum
    - Small lock
    - Lunch container (27oz)

I want to be able to carry all this, with a little bit of room to spare so that it doesn't have that really stuffed look, but I also don't want the bag to look like it's too big on me (S25). I've tried on the GR1 26l and it seemed to look fine on my back. I like to carry my backpacks fairly high up on my back also.

I'd go for the Synapse 25. Shoes, even small ones, take up a lot of space in the 19. Though it's doable. I'm smaller than you, and the 25 isn't too big on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks View Post
      I'd go for the Synapse 25. Shoes, even small ones, take up a lot of space in the 19. Though it's doable. I'm smaller than you, and the 25 isn't too big on me.
      Do you happen to have a picture? There should be a thread solely dedicated to people posting their height and weight and pictures of them wearing their bags...

Comment

Originally posted by egodrunk View Post
        Do you happen to have a picture? There should be a thread solely dedicated to people posting their height and weight and pictures of them wearing their bags...
        Have you seen the comparison video?
        https://www.tombihn.com/pages/videos#synapse19vs25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
          Have you seen the comparison video?
          https://www.tombihn.com/pages/videos#synapse19vs25

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I did, but it's still hard for me to tell since the people that are my height, are females with slimmer frames than I have.

Comment

Working...
          X