Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,400   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, mednowlabs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Organiser Cube clear or Clear quarter packing cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Organiser Cube clear or Clear quarter packing cube

Hi
    Need help, I cant decide, which one to get...both look very attractive.
    Im planning on using it with 3-1-1 in one side and cables etc in the other, that if I got the double sided version.
    Im not sure which will work best or fit best, I would be looking to use it in both my Synapse 19, or Co-Pilot and possibly in my Western Flyer (but don't use that as often my the S19 or CP).
    Just finalising my order, and this is the last item - I think?..
    Thanks
    Jaffa
    S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

I don't think you can use the clear quarter packing cube as a 3-1-1 bag because:

a. It's too big.
    b. It's not clear all the way through. It has two sides with a solid divider down the middle.

So you'll need a Clear 3-D cube if you want to use it as a 3-1-1 bag.

Comment

ok Thanks for that.. might have to re think that idea..
      Does anyone have any pics of the 2 together, or uses for the both of them?.
      S25 Black halcyon/NWS: S19 Grey/UV: WF Black/NWS: Co Pilot Grey/UV, & various little pouches all purples/grey.

Comment

I have both, and I generally bring both when I travel in the car, and choose one for air travel. The Clear Quarter Packing Cube will hold a lot more. I can fit a large-sized contact solution bottle diagonally in one side of the CQPC and still have room for more. I like to use the 3D Organizer Pouch for small items like makeup, hair ties, nail file, 2 oz. contact solution bottle, contact case. Little items get sort of lost in the CQPC - if they fall to the bottom they can be hard to see. I put my clear ziplock bag in one side of the CQPC and pull it out for TSA screening.

The Clear Quarter Packing Cube's zipper sometimes gets stuck on the inside fabric edge. That doesn't seem to happen with the 3D Organizer Pouch. The CQPC doesn't have a way to attach easily to a keystrap like the 3DOC does, so I put a plain key ring on the handle loop and that works fine. I only use the keystrap with the CQPC when I have it in my Packing Cube Backpack, so it doesn't fall out or shift since there's no structure in that bag. I think the 3DOC would fit better in your Synapse 19 and Co-Pilot but I don't have those bags so I can't say for sure.

Comment

The 3DOC fits great in the front pocket of my Pilot and in one of the pockets in the large back area of my Pilot.

Comment

Thanks for the info, wondering if anyone has any pics of both items, or perhaps in or next to a CP or Synapse 19 or even inside??
            Jaffa

Comment

No CQPC or Co-pilot here but I often use the 3DOC in the front bottom pocket of the Synapse. I'm pretty sure you'd have to put the CQPC in the main compartment of the 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Synapse19, 3DOC and CQPC stuffed with random things .... The CQPC can get pretty bulky in a small bag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clearcubes1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	300692

Name:	clearcubes2.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	300693
                List under construction ....

Comment

CQPC in top of Syn19 - (on top of lightly packed SBPC and Aeronaut45 end cube)

Name:	clearcubes2-2.jpg
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	300694

and 3DOC in lower front pocket of Syn19

Name:	clearcubes2-1.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	300695
                  List under construction ....

Comment

Those piccys are great - thank you.
                    Im thinking the 3DOC is the way to go, as hoping then I can use it both in my Synapse 19 and Co pilot as those are my smaller bags.
                    If I remember rightly, I think someone posted on the forums that a 3DOC would fit in one of the pockets of the Co pilot.
                    Jaffa

Comment

Working...
                    X