Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, peanutbuttersoup.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the double organizer pouches ever made in halcyon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the double organizer pouches ever made in halcyon?

The product description does specify that the DOPs are made in ballistic, parapack and cordura.

But I am curious if someone ever got one made out of halcyon.

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    The product description does specify that the DOPs are made in ballistic, parapack and cordura.

But I am curious if someone ever got one made out of halcyon.
    Yes, there was a brief period of time when they made these in halcyon, and I got a set in both the small and medium double organizer pouches in both. I think it took two tries of calling into Customer Support because the first time they didn't have Wasabi in the Small DOP size. This was an instance where I asked about it after seeing one of the forum members mention/post an example on the forums.

HTH

moriond

ETA: I just looked up one of the old order receipts, and it's dated 11/11/2015 with the note Double Organizer Pouch 1, and under that Small (Various colors) TB1223S-XC for the product code, with a note on the next line "Wasabi (Cyndi has put one aside)". So that was the date I got the last one. HTH.
    Last edited by moriond; 12-18-2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Moriond. I will give CS a call. Can't hurt.

Comment

@Walker,

I thought that i'd add a comment that you are the only person I know of who was ever able to get double organizer pouches in Kiwi (Ballistic Nylon). I tried on multiple occasions to ask about this option, and as far as I know, they never made these again. As a point of irony, if you go to the web page where you posted #115) the only pictures that document that there were ever Small and Medium Double Organizer Pouches made in Kiwi Ballistic Nylon (06-19-2014 in the Update on Backorders thread), you might read @Mausermama's post (#107) from the previous day:
        Originally posted by Mausermama View Post
        I am so over the top excited! My back order from April 1 is arriving today (just in time for my trip, as I leave tonight!)! I haven't checked in ever so long on the status and couldn't believe when I opened my order information that there was a tracking number. Even more exciting was when I clicked on the tracking number, it showed "out for delivery!" Now those words are music to my ears!!!!

I'm execting a mish mash of things, and I don't know what I'm most excited for. Is it the Nordic Travel Tray or the Nordic PCSB? Or is it the Black/UV Little Swift? Maybe it's the Steel/UV Side Effect? Or even possibly the new small double organizer pouch in wasabi? Decisions, decisions!

One thing I know for sure, that Little Swift will be my EDC on my travels along with my Nordic Pilot for my luggage. I'm taking son, son's best friend, and best friend's mom on a college exploratory trip. We're checking out New College in Sarasota and Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. Alongside (actually stuffed inside) my trusty Pilot will be my Large Nordic Shop Bag to catch any detritus along the way like brochures, notes, souvenirs, etc.
        And, to show everyone the Double Organizer Pouches in Kiwi from your post:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6u8e5azy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	300939

HTH

moriond

ETA: That could have been a reference to wasabi 500d Cordura in @Mausermama's post, rather than Wasabi Dyneema/Halcyon, because I remember seeing these around as pictures early in the Double Organizer Pouch fabrication. I don't actually remember seeing pictures of the Halcyon Double Organizer Pouches posted until 2015. The problem with trying to run down the actual picture for you is that I'm pretty sure it was a photo posted using TapaTalk, which means that there are a lot of searching tools I can't use. ANd even if I can narrow down the date from memory, the forum searching tools don't let me pinpoint results from searches that aren't recent, and Google is also isnt up to this task because I can't take advantage of forum specific search features,
        Last edited by moriond; 12-18-2016, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Thanks, Moriond. I will give CS a call. Can't hurt.
          I don't think they've carried the DOP in Halcyon for over a year. I've checked off and on when I had other questions. It would have been a good solution for using in the PCSB pocket as a stiffener, but they haven't made this option in a long time.

Comment

Awww! Well, between you and I asking, maybe they will make the DOP in halcyon .

Yes, the kiwi DOPs were gorgeous. However, they went with the kiwi Swift - gifts to my Sister. She will have a kick when I tell her that she has a "rare" set of kiwi DOPs.

I kept the LS in aubergine/ wasabi and the matching aubergine DOP. I find the ballistic OPs too stiff.

My EDC set of DOPs (small & medium), is made of steel parapack. I love them, but I want a set in more vibrant color.

I am not interested in cordura.

DOP is wasabi - I am drooling!

Comment

@Walker,

I'm uploading a sample picture of the Small Double Organizer Pouch in Wasabi Halcyon, on top of a Medium Double Organizer Pouch in Steel Halcyon. (They made these in Steel, Ultraviolet, Iberian, and Wasabi for both sizes.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3184.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	300941

HTH

moriond

Comment

I got an ultraviolet small DOP in my 5 dec 2015 order. So that timing is the same as morionds order. I know I asked for plum and turquoise on some other items but can not remember if I wrote anything for the DOP.
                Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Comment

I have an Iberian halcyon small DOP, ordered in November or December 2015, I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same medium DOP in Steel Halcyon that moriond shows above. I ordered it in August 2015 to use in a Steel PCSB I'd gotten a month earlier.

Comment

Hi @Walker,

OK, here's the background. I was almost sure that I ordered in response to seeing a posted picture of a small Wasabi double organizer pouch, and that it was posted via Tapatalk, which makes searching for an image nearly impossible with our forum search software unless you can independently reconstruct the exact content of the post and its poster from memory.

The posted picture was in post #2225 by @jennygoat (04-29-2015) on web page 149 of the TB Anticipation Syndrome thread:

Originally posted by jennygoat View Post
                      Goody box! [ATTACH=CONFIG]17253[/ATTACH]

BO FJN, UV SSK, Wasabi Small DOP, various paper, extra plastic divider, Steel FOC, random key straps.
                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Note the Small Wasabi Double Organizer Pouch. That was the first time I had seen the Double Organizer Pouch in Halcyon/Dyneema. I placed an order for 4 Medium Double Organizer Pouches in Halcyon (1 in each color) on 4/30/2015. When I asked about the Small size Double Organizer Pouches in Halcyon, Barb told me they didn't have the Small Wasabi but they could send me the other three - Steel, Ultraviolet and Iberian.

I later ordered the Small Wasabi Double Organizer Pouch in November (as stated earlier). I vaguely recall that when I tried checking back after Christmas, maybe around February, that they didn't have Halcyon/Dyneema versions in stock.

HTH

moriond
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by moriond; 12-19-2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I too would love to see the return of halcyon double organizer pouches. I called about a month ago and asked Kat if there were any small ones laying around. She graciously checked the bin, and unfortunately, there wasn't any. I do love the small size when I travel to foreign countries where they use a lot of coin money. It's awesome to see through the clear plastic to root around and find the correct change and the paper money and credit cards sit in the back zippered section. Here, in the States, I rarely use cash only credit cards, but in foreign countries I found a lot of small shops or restaurants are cash only. And the small DOP is a wonder at keeping me organized. Please make more DOPs in halcyon.
                        Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

Working...
                        X