Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which model brain cell and cache for thinkpad x230?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which model brain cell and cache for thinkpad x230?

I recently picked up a Thinkpad X230 used and I'm wondering which models of the Brain cells and caches will fit it. I don't see the old fit guide anymore that listed exact models anymore couldn't find info from a quick web search. Does the current line still fit older laptops or will I need to keep an eye out for used options on ebay?

I've got an x230 and use a Cache with Rails, sized "13-inch MacBook Pro Retina", for it.
    One thing to note -- back in 2013, when I bought my Cache, the interior dimensions for this size would have been:
    8.6" x 12.4" x 0.8"

The current listed interior dimensions for the "Vertical 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina" Cache are almost -- but not quite -- the same:
    8.6" x 12.4" x 0.7"

Dimensions for the x230 are 8.13" x 12.01" x 0.75"-1.05". While it's too "fat" for the Cache on paper, I'm able to stuff my x230 into the older Cache without any issues due to the extra room in the other two dimensions. I'm guessing the x230 would still work OK with the newer Cache, but might require more squishing. Hope this helps.

Comment

My X230 fits nicely into the 6z brain cell
      When in trouble, obfuscate.

Comment

Working...
      X