Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLBC Vs. Large Cafe Bag, or Ristretto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLBC Vs. Large Cafe Bag, or Ristretto

Hi!

I am trying to decide before my next trip which of the above 3 bags to use as my daily bag to carry my laptop and USB drives, and my mouse. I'm an author and I have to write while I am out of town. I have the large cafe bag and I love it, but it is a bit heavy for travel. I also am not a fan in general of Messenger bags, and with this one, the fact that the main pocket doesn't have a zipper. I have looked at the DLBC and the Ristretto, and see that the DLBC seems to get the most raves of an everyday lightweight bag. Plus I like that it's light, packs flat, and has zippers.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I love all of my Tom Bihn bags and use at least one each day. The quality and construction is superior, and I love the community and the customer support.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Drandrew View Post
    Hi!

I am trying to decide before my next trip which of the above 3 bags to use as my daily bag to carry my laptop and USB drives, and my mouse. I'm an author and I have to write while I am out of town. I have the large cafe bag and I love it, but it is a bit heavy for travel. I also am not a fan in general of Messenger bags, and with this one, the fact that the main pocket doesn't have a zipper. I have looked at the DLBC and the Ristretto, and see that the DLBC seems to get the most raves of an everyday lightweight bag. Plus I like that it's light, packs flat, and has zippers.

Any suggestions are appreciated! I love all of my Tom Bihn bags and use at least one each day. The quality and construction is superior, and I love the community and the customer support.

Cheers!
    I can't speak for the DLBC or Cafe Bag, but the Ristretto is brilliant. I'm sure that the front zippered section can accomodate your usb drives and mouse quite easily. The only downside for me would be if you need compartmentalisation (is that a word?), then the Ristretto may be limited. When I need to section things off, I go straight for my Pilot. If your laptop will fit, maybe consider the Co-Pilot if you need something with more organisation sections that the Ristretto.

Comment

are you carrying a backpack already? if not, a DLBP, especially in Halcyon, would be great. if you need more organization, the S19 FS works in the front packet, as do the various cafe bag FSs, which also work in the internal pockets. the FSs would simplify things instead of having lots of pouches which could get lost.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd suggest taking a look at both the DLBC and the Ristretto and decide which one will suit better; they both provide a lot of internal organization and pockets which (IMO) make them more usable than the large cafe bag. I agree that the zipper is important.

Perhaps these videos will help you get a feel for the options:
        DLBC
        Ristretto
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

Thanks! It is a difficult choice. I will think about this and perhaps call them as well, as they are always more than helpful. I do have a backpack, the S25 which I use for work. It's cordura so a bit heavy to lie flat in a briefcase. I use the DLBP for that, also in cordura in case I'm caught in the rain. I'm still resisting THJ, which is a bit easier to resist because of its price. I love the concept though!

Comment

Working...
          X