Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,587   Posts: 188,422   Members: 6,565   Active Members: 323
Welcome to our newest member, Jade877792.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Bihn as a Diaper Bag: which do you use, how do you organize it, tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoxValleyDame View Post
    Thanks for insight! I do carry my DSLR with me in my bag and it will need a home in the new diaper bag. I haven't seen the Peak Design camera accessories before, but they look pretty nifty. I love the leash and anchors you mentioned, especially because I'm not crazy about my current strap and it seems to take up a lot of unnecessary room.

To solve the dirty clothes issue (since my little one currently seems to be plotting when she can fit in a diaper blow out at the most inopportune times) I am using a cheap small packing cube that I got on Amazon that has a built in plastic pouch for dirty clothes. I am able to pack an outfit for me and two for her in it, and stuff the carnage into the plastic area when needed.
    I think the Synpase is a great choice for diaper bag. Knowing what I know now, I would have started with that one (19 or 25 based on personal preference and how much you'll need to carry. My choice would be 19 as I like to roll as light and nimble as possible).

As an aside, that exploding at inopportune times thing doesn't stop happening. I live overseas in South America and just last week was at an important meeting at the U.S. Embassy to do an interview with them to get my daughter's U.S. citizenship and passport finalized. This was a meeting we had been waiting a month for with lots of applications and supporting documents and back and forth. Well, it was finally time for the interview with me, my wife, and daughter and wouldn't you know the exact second we sat down with our in person interview with the officer ... BOOM! Explosion of all explosions (not subtle in either sound or smell). I mean, how did she know? I know most babies are smart and all, but she timed that sh#% (literally)

Good luck with everything. It's true what everyone says - it is such a special time and it changes you forever.

Comment

Same water bottles, SE and PCSB fit in the S19, just a tighter fit and less space inside for your DSLR.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	569.2 KB
ID:	301239

Here's a comparison of the S25, S19 and DLBP
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	787.8 KB
ID:	301240

I find the DLBP works great as a diaper bag now that my son is older, less gear, and I'm more likely to be chasing after him than carrying him. If you have cubes and stuff sacs to organize the gear, there's less chance of the items moving around.

Parenting is truly a learning and growing process because every child is different and your life, personal and professional, is constantly changing. You just take your time adjusting to what you and your family needs to function Let me know if you need more pics. Photography is a foreign language to me but my husband has camera gear as a hobby so I can ask him and play around with different bags/configurations if you'd like.
      Last edited by RDR3; 03-21-2017, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luthercale View Post
        As an aside, that exploding at inopportune times thing doesn't stop happening. I live overseas in South America and just last week was at an important meeting at the U.S. Embassy to do an interview with them to get my daughter's U.S. citizenship and passport finalized. This was a meeting we had been waiting a month for with lots of applications and supporting documents and back and forth. Well, it was finally time for the interview with me, my wife, and daughter and wouldn't you know the exact second we sat down with our in person interview with the officer ... BOOM! Explosion of all explosions (not subtle in either sound or smell). I mean, how did she know? I know most babies are smart and all, but she timed that sh#% (literally)
        This seriously made me laugh. How is it that the little ones can plan these things so perfectly? Today I put a fresh diaper on the baby right before setting her up for her 3 month photo shoot we were doing in my brand new rocking chair. She blew out the diaper within 10 minutes of starting the pictures. On the new chair that has off white fabric. And now I have it documented on camera. ��

Comment

RDR3, thank you so much for the side by side photos of the S25, S19, and DLBP. That is very helpful. I was trying to gauge the visual size difference between these based on the pictures and videos on the site, but your picture is exactly what I wanted to see. I'm stuck because now I think I really need two backpacks. One smaller one for every day carry and quick outings, and a bigger one for longer outings and overnight trips. I think I will start with the S25. Just wish they had it in my first color choice of aubergine. I think my back up color choice is the black halcyon.

Comment

Working...
          X