Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to TB - Synapse 19 main compartment size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to TB - Synapse 19 main compartment size?

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to TB and my recent search for the ultimate everyday backpack led me to Tom Bihn and Goruck. While Goruck GR1 has its usage, I find the various compartments available in the synapse suit me better. And being an occasional photographer, ability to access the compartment and retrieve the camera with ease is one key criteria I look for in the backpack. I have decided on Synapse 19 and while waiting for the Black Halcyon to be available, I would like to find out the size (depth) of the main compartment. I saw a youtube review where the reviewer has a Tenba BYOB 9 insert (9W X 6.5H X 4D in. [23 X 17 X 10 cm]) in her synapse 19. I am wondering whether the slightly bigger BYOB 10 insert (10.5W X 8H X 4.5D in. [27 X 20 X 11 cm]) can fit in as well without being squeezed. I believe both height and width are fine (though it's just a slight gap of 2cm for width)....it's the depth that I'm concerned with. I live in Hong Kong so the buy, try and return approach will not work for me, unfortunately. And given the steep shipping cost, it's going to be one buy of several items from TB.

I have enjoyed reading the various threads and I think this is one great and helpful TB community.

Thank you.
    Last edited by muika; 03-22-2017, 03:51 AM.
Working...
X