Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,318   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, RosellaFvg.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Nordic Halcyon and Navy Ballistic look together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do Nordic Halcyon and Navy Ballistic look together?

For those of us who like everything to be coordinated, is it a good match?

If anyone has photos of the two side by side, I'd love to see them.

I have both colors and will be happy to post pics tomorrow!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

I have the MB in Navy (which is Ballistic Nylon) and the Swift in Nordic Halcyon. Here are some pics (one indoors, two out-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As promised, here is another picture. Taken inside.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170323_081011753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	735.3 KB
ID:	301244

I think they look great together! But I love anything blue.
        Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
        Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
        Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Comment

I didn't like them together, but I didn't like Nordic alone either. It looks so nice on the store webpage, but in person it's a little too purple for me. (I like blue, and I like purple, but I don't like bluish purple.)

I do love the Navy ballistic, though!
          I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

Great pics, thanks for posting, eliza and lizziejean3!

Personally, although I like both colors a lot, I'm not crazy about them together. Really helpful to know that, so I'm glad I saw these pictures. Thanks again!

Comment

Actually, let me borrow this thread to ask something related that I've been wondering: are new Nordic and old Nordic the same color (aside from the color of the grid)?
              I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...halcyon-4.html

That's a fun read about last year's new Nordic debut with some great photos by Ilkyway showing both old and new Nordics.
                While the blue background seems the same or nearly the same, the color of the grid somehow makes the blue appear a little different to my eye when I compare my old and new Nordic bags together.
                Nordic is lovely in any configuration along with Navy and Azure...love all the blues! Perpetually on the hunt for an Imago with Indigo cordura

Comment

Thanks, threeteez!

Comment

@aedifica and others,

While the linked thread on the New Nordic Halcyon that @threeteez gave does, indeed, show comparisons that demonstrate the new and old Nordic as being the same color, it's probably easier to excerpt/quote the relevant posts with pictures from that long thread. So this is @Ilkyway (#46) assisted by @ceepee (#47):

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                    This is an attempt to show that the blue itself is the same between both Nordics

Ilkyway

Sent from my phone
                    Next up @ceepee's response:

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
                    Those lines still make things a bit tricky. Since Ilkyway refused to co-operate and cut a square from each bag for comparison, I tried to do it digitally.

The lighting also complicated things so I cut a square from the old Nordic and posted it 5 times, in various places on the new Nordic:

Note that the color match to the two squares at the far left is really close; you have to check for all five (virtual) replacements of that "square" of color cut out from the "Original Nordic" bag, and randomly replicated across the "New Nordic" Synapse.

The variation in "navy" colors is what makes the new (gray grid) Nordic Halcyon more difficult to match with Navy Ballistic Nylon. It does better with the darker Navy Parapack. The original (white grid) Nordic matches more easily with Navy Ballistic. You're better off using coordinating colors (maybe Steel or Aubergine or Black in Ballistic for cool colors, or contrasting Burnt Orange, Linen, Grey or Northwest Sky; original Steel and New Black Halcyon also look good with this IMHO). YMMV.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Thanks, @moriond! Maybe I'd like Original Nordic better than I liked New Nordic. I'll keep an eye out for it on eBay. (Not that I expect to find it cheaply there--I know it has a lot of fans!)

Comment

Working...
                      X