Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,368   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cache Size Dell E7450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache Size Dell E7450

Long time lurker, first time poster

Looking at a vertical cache to go in my soon to be purchased Brain Bag for a Dell E7450 - dimensions are 13.3 x 9.1 x 0.8. The thickness seems to be the sticking point on getting something most closely aligned with the actual dimensions, as the Vertical 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina is just a hair short there, while a bit on the bigger side for the other dimensions.

Would the recommendation be to go up to the Vertical Size 4Z, which fits 14.3 x 9.8 x 1.2?

Thanks in advance!

My new Lenovo T460 is almost the same dimensions (13.35" x 9.15" x 0.83") as your 7450, and fits a 6z size Cache just fine. It stretches in the Length dimension (the 13.x") a teeny bit, but only enough to feel it stretching -- it fits fine. I haven't closed the top, but I doubt it will present much of a problem. If you're looking for a snug fit, I'd go with the 6z. (Also, TB Support will confirm what version you need, if you ask them )

Comment

I have a horizontal 6Z Cache I bought for my Dell E7450. I don't use it anymore because the rubbery outer texture of the laptop doesn't allow it to slide in an out easily. The Cache didn't really loosen up any after a few months of use. I'm not sure if a vertical cache would be easier or more difficult to shimmy the Dell into. The 6Z size works for a 13" ASUS Chromebook I have, because the surface of that computer is smooth. Does yours have the grippy outside surface? If so, I'd size up for the Cache.

Comment

Working...
      X