Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,401   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, mednowlabs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Squishable' interior organization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Squishable' interior organization

I am hoping to add interior organization to a bag pocket. The dimensions are 8x15 max.

Freudian slips would be ideal, but there aren't any short enough.
    I thought maybe a halcyon Side Effect would work, but I'm not sure how stiff the sides are. I do want something reasonably slim.
    I have toyed with the idea of making my own, but that's a last resort.
    Any suggestions/comments?
    Thanks a million.
    S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    --Douglas Adams

A Side Effect (8.6x5x2) would definitely fit. Maybe paired with a stuff sack or a new Cubelet?

Comment

Halcyon SE is pretty floppy.

Comment

If you do choose to make your own, here's some inspiration from forum member sharkh: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...ket-inset.html . I love the idea, I'm planning to make one myself!
        I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

What about the inserts for the FJN - I swear I've seen someone use those as "mini" Freudian Slips before.
          Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
          Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Comment

Thank you everyone for your quick replies!
            Knowing that the Halcyon SE is reasonably packable gives me hope.

I looked at the fjn inserts, my main issue is that they are designed to be used vertically rather than horizontally, otherwise they would be perfect.

Sharkh's idea of the plastic backing would definitely make my life easier. With a little modification to my design I could add a slot to slide the plastic in and out.

I definitely have a lot to think about!
            S19 + DLBP + DLBC + SCB + TT

“In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
            --Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
            X