Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,353   Members: 6,547   Active Members: 296
Welcome to our newest member, rancorbeast.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traitor tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traitor tags

What's meant by "treason tags"? Seems like something to do with the logo on older bags?

Thanks...
    David

David, it's actually the care label, not the logo label, that's being referred to: a bit of cheeky French text that was added to the care label inside some bags during the aughts*. Snopes actually has some info: https://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/tombihn.asp .

(*Man, "aughts" is awkward to say.)

Comment

Oh ok.. yeah, I know now.

Comment

I wish Tom would bring them back. Maybe with an additional text in Russian?

Comment

I hadn’t heard of this before. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

This is one of the few times when I'm annoyed with TB. I'm not sure why some companies feel the need to get involved in politics. Maybe it is my respect for the office but TB should do what they do best - make the best bags.
            When in trouble, obfuscate.

Comment

Working...
            X