Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find out which rare colour combos have been produced before? (specifically Ste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find out which rare colour combos have been produced before? (specifically Ste

I’ve written before about how much I love Steel/Island as a colour combo https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...d+appreciation

I’m always on the lookout for this colour combo on items I’m yet to get. But not only do I not know what is yet to be made, I can’t find a way to even know if its been made in the past (other than constantly emailing customer service).

I’m sure others must struggle with this.

I was really frustrated recently to hear a forum member talking about selling a Steel/Island A30. As I did not know that was made before, it hadn’t even occurred to be to ask for trades of this before now.

Is there a place this can be found that I just haven’t seen? Or is a case of forum members shouting out what they’ve bought in the past?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Past combo's would be great to know of...

I've asked for steel/island in the 2017 and 2018 wishlists too

Really want an A30 in steel/island...

Steel in 525 would be great for all the backpacks too...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Forum member brucep had a TB color availability site which he'd compiled and posted a link to on the forums in 2016. The link no longer works. The comments in that thread were positive about how helpful his project was, but something must have happened to the site.

If I'm interested in a specific color way of a particular bag, I'll do a google search for it to see if any info pops (for example, I searched for an Indigo Imago and I could find posts/images that it had been made with either Plum or Steel as the flap accent. I then knew at least a couple definite color variations that had been produced. Still on the hunt for either BTW!).

I know I've seen the occasional post here or on Ravelry by someone asking about a bag that was never even made in a particular fabric or color, so I agree a list would be helpful. Often forum members will help and certainly, moderator moriond provides a wealth of wonderful historical information too. I can understand how a retroactive list would be a prohibitively massive project and I'm guessing not likely of great interest to a forward thinking company.

Comment

Originally posted by threeteez View Post
        Forum member brucep had a TB color availability site which he'd compiled and posted a link to on the forums in 2016. The link no longer works. The comments in that thread were positive about how helpful his project was, but something must have happened to the site.
        It needed some work, but I wasn't motivated to take the time to do it. I also didn't move the latest version when I switched hosting companies.

Comment

I've wondered similar. I was searching for an archive of just general colors/materials the other day (not combos), but the best I could find were some old swatch pages through the Wayback Machine. (Seems there was once a plaid of some sort! ETA: Unfortunately the swatch image was broken.)

Keeping track of all the color combos sounds like a bear (kudos, brucep), so I was even just hoping to find an archive of what materials were available in what colors to help with the digital archeology of deducing possible past bag color and combos.
          Last edited by kmw; 01-15-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I do need another project to help me learn how to switch to Symfony 4

Comment

Are there any Cordura colors that were only available in one denier?

Comment

My sickness was your good fortune: TOM BIHN Color Availability

Updating the product <-> colorway information will take some effort, but at least there's something to look at for now.

Comment

Oooh, how excellent, brucep!

Comment

Working...
                  X