Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,402   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, mednowlabs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A5 in a TSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A5 in a TSS?

Anyone throw an A5 book in a travel stuff sack? Just looking to organize/protect in bigger bags, I’m wondering if I’ll need a size 3 or size 4. Couldn’t find anything on the boards. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you putting anything else in the TSS? I believe an A5 will fit in a medium OP, which may be less sloppy than a TSS.

Comment

A5 in a TSS?

Originally posted by Muni_Jedi View Post
      Are you putting anything else in the TSS? I believe an A5 will fit in a medium OP, which may be less sloppy than a TSS.
      Oh I didn’t even think of a medium OP! Hmmm. I do usually also have my fountain pen and maybe another book in there (pretty sure two books wouldn’t fit, but that’s possibly ok!), interesting idea. Hmmmm. I’ll have to try it out tonight as I have a med OP. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Originally posted by grellowgal View Post
        Oh I didn’t even think of a medium OP! Hmmm. I do usually also have my fountain pen and maybe another book in there (pretty sure two books wouldn’t fit, but that’s possibly ok!), interesting idea. Hmmmm. I’ll have to try it out tonight as I have a med OP. Thanks for the idea!

Will depend on how thick the book is. I was able to get an A5, 120 page Clairefontaine notebook (about 1cm thick, if that) into a medium OP but I was tucking the top of it behind the zipper. It did zip closed and I didn't feel like it was stressing the material at all. A slim pen could also fit. A bulky notebook and a thick pen would be tricky.

I could get my A5 into a TSS size 3, but even that size was barely tall enough to close given it's a drawstring.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
          Will depend on how thick the book is. I was able to get an A5, 120 page Clairefontaine notebook (about 1cm thick, if that) into a medium OP but I was tucking the top of it behind the zipper. It did zip closed and I didn't feel like it was stressing the material at all. A slim pen could also fit. A bulky notebook and a thick pen would be tricky.

I could get my A5 into a TSS size 3, but even that size was barely tall enough to close given it's a drawstring.
          Ah ha. Thank you! It would be an A5 1917 Leuchtturm, so similar to a Clairefontaine I’d think.

Comment

Ah ha. Thank you! It would be an A5 1917 Leuchtturm, so similar to a Clairefontaine I’d think.
            Hi @grellowgal,

If you're speaking about a hard cover Leuchtturm A5 notebook, putting it into a Medium Size Organizer Pouch, or even one of the older padded Medium Organizer Pouches where the fit was not quite as tight as currently manufactured ones, will make you feel as though you are stressing the zipper. (The reason is the thickness of the Leuchtturm A5 notebook, with the basically flat design of the organizer pouches. I've commented in some of my Daylight Briefcase review posts that although I can fit A5 notepads such as the Nock.co Dot-Dash pads into the split pockets of the Daylight Briefcase, I can't fit the Leuchtturm A5 notebook there because the thickness of the A5 hard bound notebook is just too much to get into the pocket.)

If you want something that is ideally sized to just fit the Leuchtturm A5 Notebook, the Aether packing cube for the Stowaway will fit this Notebook. I can carry a Leuchtturm A5 Notebook + an iPad Mini in its hard case inside the Stowaway Packing Cube. (The iPad Mini is thinner and not as wide as the Leuchtturm -- you might just be able to fit a second Leuchtturm A5 into the Packing Cube instead -- the fit is that exact) The reason this works is that the packing cube is meant to be 3-dimensional. The corners of the Leuchtturm A5 notebook go all the way out to the width of the cube at the top. The bottom of the cube is slightly wider.

And, of course, you can carry the A5 Notebook in a Side Kick. You can also fit the Leuchtturm into the organizer pouch of the Hero's Journey (one that is not sold separately, but is larger than the Medium OP). Again, it's not as exact fit as the Stowaway Packing Cube.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              I can carry a Leuchtturm A5 Notebook + an iPad Mini in its hard case inside the Stowaway Packing Cube.

And, of course, you can carry the A5 Notebook in a Side Kick. You can also fit the Leuchtturm into the organizer pouch of the Hero's Journey (one that is not sold separately, but is larger than the Medium OP). Again, it's not as exact fit as the Stowaway Packing Cube.
              Oh my gosh moriond! You always have the best advice, it’s like you are in my head! I do in fact also carry my iPad mini around as well. [emoji12] THANK YOU!!!

I’ve been tempted by the SK but since it’s mostly getting stashed in my work bag or my DLBP, I wasn’t looking for something quite as substantial. The packing cube is perfect!

So as long as I have you listening, in case I upgrade, any idea what would be best similar option for a 10.5 iPad Pro? [emoji23]

Comment

So as long as I have you listening, in case I upgrade, any idea what would be best similar option for a 10.5 iPad Pro? [emoji23]

I don't have a good answer for the 10.5" iPad Pro, but here are pictures of the A5 size Leuchtturm notebook in the Aether Packing Cube for the Stowaway (just taken on my iPad). I didn't show the iPad Mini, too, but it will fit in front of the A5 Leuchtturm Notebook.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519367959.145891.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	303592
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1519367976.536212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	303593

The Leuchtturm A5 notebook is just slightly too wide to fit into a Standard Size Spiff Kit. (A Moleskine Notebook can fit into the Spiff Kit Standard

HTH

moriomd

ETA: If you want organization to hold your Leuchtturm A5 Notebook without a pouch, it will fit in the back pocket of the Small Cafe Bag Freudian Slip.
                Last edited by moriond; 02-22-2018, 11:55 PM.

Comment

A5 in a TSS?

Awesome pics! I already placed an order earlier tonight. Thank you again!

Comment

Oh my goodness @moriond! I just got my package today, this Stowaway packing cube is perfect! Exactly that I was looking for! Thank you for your awesome wealth of knowledge!

Comment

Working...
                    X