Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,359   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specs on retired Small Shop Bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specs on retired Small Shop Bag?

It appears that the specs for small shop bags have been removed from the product page, as they've been retired. Can anyone provide the dimensions, weight and volume? Thanks!

Hi ThomGault, I find it useful to check the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine for specs on retired bags (and materials). A Google search for "wayback machine" will get you there. It's an archive of websites, and it can show you the same site at many points in time.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

For convenience's sake, here they are:

Shop Bag Specs

External Dimensions
      Small: 11" x 10.25" x 6" / 280 x 260 x 150 mm
      Large: 13.25" x 12.5" x 7.25" / 340 x 320 x 185 mm

Weight
      Small: 5.2 oz / 150 grams
      Large: Weight: 6.4 oz / 185 grams

Handle Length
      Small: 19.5" / 495 mm
      Large: 26" / 660 mm

Total O-rings
      Small: 2 (2 in the main compartment)
      Large: 2 (2 in the main compartment)

Volume
      Small: 15 liters/ 900 cu in
      Large: 27 liters / 1650 cu in
      Last edited by Darcy; 02-25-2018, 08:46 AM. Reason: Added volume.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Thank you so much for the helpful replies!

I'm still unsure of the capacity; the large shop bag (13.25x12.5x7.25) is currently listed at 25L capacity (1500 cu in), but the dimensions only equate to 19.7L (1200 cu in.) Can anyone help me understand the difference? And how the capacity of the small shop bag compares to the large?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomGault View Post
          I'm still unsure of the capacity; the large shop bag (13.25x12.5x7.25) is currently listed at 25L capacity (1500 cu in), but the dimensions only equate to 19.7L (1200 cu in.) Can anyone help me understand the difference? And how the capacity of the small shop bag compares to the large?
          Hmm, I can see why you'd be unsure -- I'm suspect of that listed measurement myself. We'll re-measure it next week; in the meantime, I have removed it from the Shop Bag page to avoid any further confusion.
          Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomGault View Post
            Thank you so much for the helpful replies!

The Large Shop Bag can certainly encompass the Pop Tote, whose volume is given as 19.5 L. One thing that may make it tricky to gauge volume capacity estimates of the Shop Bags is whether you are carrying items in the side pockets with the Shop Bag inverted. In a post by @monkeylady she showed a photo of Small UV Shop bag used in inverted mode for carrying culinary herbs from the marketplace. (Using the bag inverted so the pockets are facing outwards lets you increase the carrying capacity, especially for items like bottles of wine, or these pots):

For the Small Shop Bag, I carry jars of juice or bottles in the side pockets. For the Large Shop Bag, those side pockets will fit half-gallon containers. Inverting the bag so that pockets bulge outwards lets you increase the effective carrying capacity.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Working...
            X